Sitting here watching the transfer window i've realised

FM just doesn't capture at all the inflatory prices that teams pay. Other than the occasional marque Manchester City signing, i have never ever seen the sought of fees that have been bandied about this year ( and have for the past 5 seasons)

Andy Carrol for 35 million would just never happen in FM

FM just doesn't capture at all the inflatory prices that teams pay. Other than the occasional marque Manchester City signing, i have never ever seen the sought of fees that have been bandied about this year ( and have for the past 5 seasons)

Andy Carrol for 35 million would just never happen in FM

Im sure there are plenty of people who will disagre with you there. The AI always ask for way over inflated prices for their players. If anything FM has it pretty much spot on.

I was just about to say ive seen loads of big transfers in fm over the years that you would't expect not all realistic i will admit but still :)

Any examples that you can remember that are equivalent to a previously championship player getting promoted and in 6 months being purchased for 35 million?

It just doesn't happen

Any examples that you can remember that are equivalent to a previously championship player getting promoted and in 6 months being purchased for 35 million?

It just doesn't happen

Maybe not so much the carrol example no but i thought you ment in genral :)

I do mean in general, I just dont see the wacky signings in FM that i do in real life.

I do see teams asking me to pay ridiculous amounts if i try to buy their star player (which is what i tihnk the guy was reffering to earlier) but you dont see that on your own players, or between other clubs (other than man city)

I do mean in general, I just dont see the wacky signings in FM that i do in real life.

I do see teams asking me to pay ridiculous amounts if i try to buy their star player (which is what i tihnk the guy was reffering to earlier) but you dont see that on your own players, or between other clubs (other than man city)

Ive not in the 1st 2 transfer windows but it definatly happens the more you play

this has to be the most over priced transfer in the history of football, when you consider Villa cost Barca £34m last season and you would happily put him in the top 3 strikers in the world bracket, this is just madness.

Ha my mates just said same thing on facebook :)

An option to slow down deadline day for FM2012 would be amazing - transfer rumours, domino effect, panic buys, higher medical visibilty etc. would really add something to the game.

The game dose stop more in fm11 on deadline day that it did in other versions

At the start of my 2016 season I am trying to get Carroll for Colchester (in prem obviously) and although he is only valued at £7.5m, Newcastle want £23m. I know its not the massive amount Liverpool are currently being ripped off to pay, but still inflated over his real value.

this has to be the most over priced transfer in the history of football, when you consider Villa cost Barca £34m last season and you would happily put him in the top 3 strikers in the world bracket, this is just madness.

I'm not trying to justify Carroll's fee but Valencia were in debt and as new high bids come in for other players the market gets inflated. Also, I'd say Carroll is worth more to Newcastle than Villa was to Valencia.

At the start of my 2016 season I am trying to get Carroll for Colchester (in prem obviously) and although he is only valued at £7.5m, Newcastle want £23m. I know its not the massive amount Liverpool are currently being ripped off to pay, but still inflated over his real value.

Not to mention that carrols PA in the game is pretty damn low.

I agree it's way too expensive, but what would you do? Getting a first team player good enough to play in a good club with only hours left before the deadline IS going to cost A LOT.

I just hope he can turn out to be a good signing, eventhough he won't be £35m good. It's definately not an easy situation to handle having to find a replacement for such a good striker as Torres on such short notice.

It's probably twice what he's worth, and everyone will say that he is a flop if he doesn't score 50 goals next season or something, but it was probably the best that could be done given the situation.

It's probably twice what he's worth, and everyone will say that he is a flop if he doesn't score 50 goals next season or something, but it was probably the best that could be done given the situation.

But potentially hes got 10-15 years of top flight football in him - assume he gets better next year at the same rate as he did this year and last year - that would make him a world great striker and £35million over 10 years would make it the deal of the decade.

The problem isnt that big transfer dont happen but that FM is just too fixed on the PA and CA and a player never can be a hot on the market or a bust because of his performance. I think the long term solution would be to base FM a lot more on form and also move away from fixed PA.

The problem isnt that big transfer dont happen but that FM is just too fixed on the PA and CA and a player never can be a hot on the market or a bust because of his performance. I think the long term solution would be to base FM a lot more on form and also move away from fixed PA.

But the arguement in game would be that a player who suddenly gains form, is also gaining in CA and thus the price will increase.

It was good if this was a single case. What to say about David Luiz, €25M + Matic (worth ~€5M), and he's actually doing a pretty bad season (I'm portuguese, and I watch the Portuguese League quite often). Specially if it was you managing benfica, you couldn't sell him nowhere near that.

But the arguement in game would be that a player who suddenly gains form, is also gaining in CA and thus the price will increase.

x2. In FM I sign young players, they stay in my team for a year or two, tops, and their value increase, even if they didn't played a single match.

But, when I sign a player, for lets say >€15M, most of the times top class, and most of the times their value decrease, no matter how good or bad they play.

Yes and no, on it's own it's hugely over inflated.....BUT....when you think they are getting £50 million for someone who has been dire for 18 months it doesn't look too bad.

Torres out £50million

Carroll and Suarez in £58 million

I think I would be happy with that if I was a Liverpool fan.

Yes and no, on it's own it's hugely over inflated.....BUT....when you think they are getting £50 million for someone who has been dire for 18 months it doesn't look too bad.

Torres out £50million

Carroll and Suarez in £58 million

I think I would be happy with that if I was a Liverpool fan.

Don't forget that Babel was sold for £6million as well. ;)

Obviously Carrols price IRL is way over inflated even by FM's standards but AFAIK didnt Rakitic just get sold for something like £1.5m? If you offered that in FM you would get a virtual slap in the face. Your looking at least £10m for him in FM.

Obviously Carrols price IRL is way over inflated even by FM's standards but AFAIK didnt Rakitic just get sold for something like £1.5m? If you offered that in FM you would get a virtual slap in the face. Your looking at least £10m for him in FM.

True but rakitic contract was up in summer was't it ?

Yes possibly. Thats why I think the real life fee was so low. But if this was FM, even with 6 months on his contract, the club would still be demanding around £10m and eventually the player would end up agreeing a contract with another club and leaving for free. This is an area where I feel the AI needs an overhaul.

At the moment, its like the AI only look at CA/PA and make a figure that they want. They wont budge below that regardless of the circumstances most of the time.

His contract was nearly over at Schalke, that's why the low price. In Fm even if the player's contract is almost over, they don't seem to sell him for a lower value, and he eventually leaves the club for free.

There should be a Sky Sports News-esque presentation for transfers, world cup call ups etc. On the inbox screen where you get emails it should be a window. You can then choose to sit and watch the transfer updates or other news like injuries, team selection, sackings, rumours etc.

On deadline day you could choose to 'go into deadline day mode' where it shows you the transfer screens so you can look for players and bid etc and also watch the signings happen as the clock runs down like in real life. Or if you didn't want to do anything, you could click 'continue game' and the first news item on the Sky Sports News presentation would be "And we've had confirmation from Everton that they will not be doing any deals today" as happened with clubs like United and Arsenal tonight.

Would be awesome. I dream of a day when there can be realistic video presentation in games. (It happened 10 years ago? Oh did it?).

His contract was nearly over at Schalke, that's why the low price. In Fm even if the player's contract is almost over, they don't seem to sell him for a lower value, and he eventually leaves the club for free.

Yes and that is exactly what I said. Both in what you quoted from me and

Yes possibly. Thats why I think the real life fee was so low. But if this was FM, even with 6 months on his contract, the club would still be demanding around £10m and eventually the player would end up agreeing a contract with another club and leaving for free. This is an area where I feel the AI needs an overhaul.

At the moment, its like the AI only look at CA/PA and make a figure that they want. They wont budge below that regardless of the circumstances most of the time.

That's something that isn't incorporated into the game very well, the AI still want full asking prices for players out of contract in the summer.

I'm sure that if somebody had that Carrol transfer in FM a week ago, it would have been reported as bug and would have had a lot of complains abut the transfer engine.

Major reason for this is the Financial Fair Play Rules coming in effect. You can't address spending behaviors to a rule that has never been implemented into FM11.

Don't worry though, starting next year, there won't be any super-inflated bids unless they don't want to play european football. So in a way, you can say "realism" is adapting itself to FM.

I bought pienaar for 2mill with 6mths left on hos contract. Also Badelj for 4mill, so it happens but rarely.

Has anybody tried buying Carrol yet in the game. Im guessing your looking around £20m to buy him and even that is way over priced for my liking.

They ask for £20mill but i got him for 16.5mill latest patch. However he had not had the great season he has had irl, and no-one was so desperate as to spend 35mill on the lad

I bought pienaar for 2mill with 6mths left on hos contract. Also Badelj for 4mill, so it happens but rarely.

You can sign Badelj right at July 2010 for 4M€, Pienaar is not expensive, but how old was he and how much was he worth when you signed him?

Archived