Any ways around losing palyer for three years for work permit?

Hi there

I've just signed Lacina Traore for £1m on a three-year contract and didn't realise that he didn't get a work permit (and therefore now has the dreaded 'Wp' against him).

I have a Belgian feeder club, but given that it takes three years to get the passport, his contract will have run out by the time I can use him.

Is there any way I can get around this, or am I best just loaning him out for six months/a year (and trying to get someone to pay his wages), and then selling him after that? I would sell him straight away, but the game doesn't really let you do that.

I've just started my first season, and in pre-season, he's just gained his first cap for Ivory Coast, so there's a chance that he will be a regular for them from now on.

If I loan him to someone for a year, and he plays regulary for them and the Ivory Coast, can I offer him a new contract that would get a work permit?

Cheers

Yes, if the player becomes a regular for the national team, there is a higher chance that his work permit will get accepted. I've got an Egyptian who came without a work permit, once he reaches around 10 caps for his country, I offered a new contract and he gets the work permit in England.

But before that, the best way for the player to boost his home reputation to get the call-up from his country will be to play regular football. If you can loan the player to a high reputation club which plays him regularly, it will help. Failing which, you still have your Belgian feeder club.

Archived