FM 2011 too easy, at least for me...

alright guys, am I just really really good at FM (which I doubt, considering I started playing a few months ago) or is the game a little unbalanced and easy? I'm using 11.2.1, I don't use genie scout, or any other form of cheating/making the game easier to my knowledge. here's my first 4 seasons in a journeyman save...a little unrealistic no?

Started unemployed with semi-pro experience, small database, loaded about 5-10 european countries:

SEASON 1: signed contract with volgar-gazprom, a struggling russian 2nd division team, near the bottom of the table halfway through their season. I managed to get them to approx. mid table by the end of the season.

SEASON 2: built my team, finished 2nd, promoted to rusky premier division, defied all expectations/media predictions.

SEASON 3: predicted as last place in premier division, yet held my own and ended up lower mid table well clear of relegation. This a team fresh out of 2nd div, by far the least money in the premier league, worst facilities etc etc.

SEASON 4 - current, near end of season: now holding my own against the likes of CSKA, Zenit, Rubin etc, hardly lost a game by more than one goal, comfortable in 5th place. Bought/signed lots of huge talents with ease, notably a 19yr old a on free transfer for 7k p/w who had offers from real madrid, man city etc etc. Why the hell would he choose me????? I'm sure the other offers were higher, and to top it off he states that my club is a stepping stone!! umm what? didn't you have offers from world class clubs only to choose a russian team fresh out of the 2nd division? Can someone please explain this?

anyway.....

I find this all a bit unrealistic to say the least. Whats causing this? How is the AI so behind season after season? Is there something I'm not doing in the settings that would make the game harder/ more realistic?? Am I missing something?

Young players can often choose smaller teams to get first team experience. You probably offered him First Team or Key Player, where others only offered Hot Prospect or Backup.

It's not unusual for young players to turn down roles at clubs - silly example: Robbie Keane had the choice of Liverpool or Wolves when he signed for Wolves - even though he supported Liverpool all his life.

The game is too easy. I brought Derby back to the premiership. Offered the Lazio job and won everything in the first 5 seasons. Now king of the world many times over.

Young players can often choose smaller teams to get first team experience. You probably offered him First Team or Key Player, where others only offered Hot Prospect or Backup.

It's not unusual for young players to turn down roles at clubs - silly example: Robbie Keane had the choice of Liverpool or Wolves when he signed for Wolves - even though he supported Liverpool all his life.

Yeah, now that I think of it that's probably what happened....he's one of my key guys

Why the hell would he choose me????? I'm sure the other offers were higher, and to top it off he states that my club is a stepping stone!! umm what? didn't you have offers from world class clubs only to choose a russian team fresh out of the 2nd division? Can someone please explain this?

Its because his mental traits sees playing games as important for development rather than just playing in the reserves. Once his ability exceeds your club he will want to move to a bigger club

Newsflash?! FM has always been easy! Hardly breaking news!

I'm still on my FM10 save and have won the Prem 6 times and the champions leauge twice ect ect with Oxford.

On FM11 I got Gateshead in the Championship with 3 promotions in a row out of the Blue Squre Prem.

If it were harder people would be camped on this site moaning about it. Although i do find it easy i wouldn't want SI to make it any harder. Enjoyment wise i think it's just about right.

I'm not, I'm pointing out that irl this would never happen and is unrealistic, which bothers me.

as unrealistic as Blackpool holding their own the EPL with a budget a lot championship teams would laugh at whilst being turned down by players for teams divisions lower than them?

Newsflash?! FM has always been easy! Hardly breaking news!

I'm still on my FM10 save and have won the Prem 6 times and the champions leauge twice ect ect with Oxford.

On FM11 I got Gateshead in the Championship with 3 promotions in a row out of the Blue Squre Prem.

If it were harder people would be camped on this site moaning about it. Although i do find it easy i wouldn't want SI to make it any harder. Enjoyment wise i think it's just about right.

bloody hell! hark at captain fabby manager! i bet if i played you on a network game with no cheating, no fmgenie, no fm in game editor, no downloaded tactics and no looking at the best players forums, it would be a totally different story. with the utter most respect mate, i only play network games and i can sincerely say that fm11 is far from easy.

if your not using the above then i think the FA should look no further than you for englands next manager ha ha.

SEASON 3: predicted as last place in premier division, yet held my own and ended up lower mid table well clear of relegation. This a team fresh out of 2nd div, by far the least money in the premier league, worst facilities etc etc.

Like Blackpool this season?

Of course, the game is going to be easier than it should be. Let's be honest, for 90% of football managers in the real world (maybe even more) they will spend their entire careers in mid to low table obscurity, with the occasional top half push, sacked every three or four years only to go to another club and repeat the process. I don't know about anybody else but if FM were like that for me then I wouldn't be buying any future versions.

As for the 19 year old - your club may well be a stepping stone. He joins your club, plays a reasonable amount and gets noticed quickly. He joins Real Madrid or Man City, rots in the reserves for 3 seasons before moving to a lower profile club than your own. If the terms you offered him (ie. rotation or first teamer) beat theirs why wouldn't he join you?

bloody hell! hark at captain fabby manager! i bet if i played you on a network game with no cheating, no fmgenie, no fm in game editor, no downloaded tactics and no looking at the best players forums, it would be a totally different story. with the utter most respect mate, i only play network games and i can sincerely say that fm11 is far from easy.

if your not using the above then i think the FA should look no further than you for englands next manager ha ha.

Seriously, no FMTRE, no saving/reloading, no editor and no looking at good player forums. All i can offer you is my word, but no cheating what so ever in my game. I was inspired by people like dafuge to take a small club to a big club game who do this type of thing every version. All you really need is lots of patience. Have a look in this thread here. Makes my career seem insignificant and loads of people better what i've done with Oxford: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234238-dafuge-s-FM11-challenge

I think FM10 is regarded as one of the easiest FM's in recent times though..

As for Gateshead in the Championship with 3 promotions in a row on FM11, that certianly is tougher than my Oxford FM10 save but still..

Archived