Moved from a 10k Stadium to a new 10k Stadium.

Still seems a bit crap though doesn't it? If you're board are going to the effort of building an entirely new stadium, why not put another few thousand seats in if they can upgrade anyway.

I would be gutted.

The stadium thing has always been my pet peeve with the CM/FM series. Like now I'm playing Bromley on my 9th season. I have been in the prem for 4 years and it's the 2018/19 season. I have finished in the top 10 the last 3 years and have won the FA and League cup 1 each. In 2016 the council oposed expanding the stadium and it was cancelled. It's colored red in my boardroom part, since then nothing has happened and I cant even talk to the board about expanding the stadium, the wage and other cost is crippling me and more or less threatens to bankrupt me every season. I have a hard time progressing as a club with a 13k stadium. I have had up to 90 million pounds in the bank and not a penny has been used to do something about this. I am giving this until the 10th season and I quit the save, it´s driving me bonkers.

The stadium thing has always been my pet peeve with the CM/FM series. Like now I'm playing Bromley on my 9th season. I have been in the prem for 4 years and it's the 2018/19 season. I have finished in the top 10 the last 3 years and have won the FA and League cup 1 each. In 2016 the council oposed expanding the stadium and it was cancelled. It's colored red in my boardroom part, since then nothing has happened and I cant even talk to the board about expanding the stadium, the wage and other cost is crippling me and more or less threatens to bankrupt me every season. I have a hard time progressing as a club with a 13k stadium. I have had up to 90 million pounds in the bank and not a penny has been used to do something about this. I am giving this until the 10th season and I quit the save, it´s driving me bonkers.

I had this problem with Lowestoft as I went through the leagues (it was even more acute, as we had a 3,000 capacity stadium with only 200ish seats). The council refused permission for expansion, then also refused permission for a new stadium. Then out of the blue, it was announced at the end of one season that we were moving to a new stadium in 12 months time. Like you, I couldn't re-request about stadiums (be it expansion or new build) because it was no longer an option. I guess my advice is to dig in and wait.

I managed to stay afloat in the Prem even with the tiny stadium, by living off low wages and using the £40m TV money to decent effect, hopefully you get lucky like I did and get your expansion!

You need a lot of money to get new stadiums, but you shouldn't blame the game for you not living within your means. If you bought a million pound house but didn't have the money for the mortgage it would be your own fault for getting your outgoings to exceed your income. Trim some of the excessive wages, get it under control and turn a bit of a profit each season. No club buys a new stadium when they're almost bankrupt because they can't afford it so you will need the money yourself.

dont complain ive been with my club sense the bigging of the game :p its now 2024 i recently won the leauge qualifed for Champions leauge (Im playing in the swedish leauge) won the cup twice but still NOTHING! XD

my current stadium takes 6000 and its filled week in and out for last 10 years

Archived