Dumbest reaction from a player ever

I know player interaction in Football Manager is really flawed and really needs some work but this latest one just makes my day. Robin van Persie is 30 and I see that he's interested in taking up scouting when he hangs up his boots so I decide I'd tell him he'd make a good scout in the future. This is how the conversation goes..

RVP : Hello, you wanted to see me?

Me : I think you'd make an excellent scout when you hang up your boots.

RVP : I could start right away if you want me to! (LOLWTF)

Me : I appreciate how keen you are but I'd tell you when the time is right.

RVP: I think I should leave now as this conversation isn't going very well.

And I check his personal details and he has a poor opinion of me even though we've been pretty much unstoppable since I took over 3 seasons ago.

I had this happen also with Lampard. He was mad for a while but got over it. When I approached Terry, when he said I can start right away I said OK. The only thing that happened was that I was able to see his staff attributes. I waited about a year and then offered him a player/coach contract. He is now on my staff and coaching the U18 team as well as playing.

In my game one of my team icons starting to be a little old so I wanted younger guys to take over. He had in mind to continue somehow with football and I needed a ass. manager. Told him he could be a great assistant manager, he started right away and his stast was very good! offered him player/coach contract and he accepted so there's no problem for me... (Daniel Andersson for Malmö FF) maybe it's a reputation thing...?

Most of the negative reactions are simply idiotic. This one has to be my favourite though. It's quite stupid that a player who scored and got a 7.5 rating in his last match would somehow think he was 'rubbish' but even more laughable is the fact that pretty much every time this happens, the 'I don't appreciate being talked to like that' line is the get out of jail card. Because if you go with the 'fair enough' line they always throw a fit and end up having a poor opinion of you (wtf:confused:).

Most of the negative reactions are simply idiotic. This one has to be my favourite though. It's quite stupid that a player who scored and got a 7.5 rating in his last match would somehow think he was 'rubbish' but even more laughable is the fact that pretty much every time this happens' date=' the 'I don't appreciate being talked to like that' line is the get out of jail card. Because if you go with the 'fair enough' line they always throw a fit and end up having a poor opinion of you (wtf:confused:).[/quote']

in that case the private chat would have happened before the game was continued so the player was basing his reaction on the game previous to the one he has scored, i did that myself by accident the other night.

I'm sorry, what? He scored in the previous game and got a 7.5 rating. I'd maybe even somewhat accept it if his reaction would be closer to something like 'I don't know boss, I think I could do better', but I doubt a striker would get annoyed at any sort of praise after scoring in a 3-1 win against Manchester United.

I think when they say "I could start right away" that doesn't mean you're hiring them as a player/coach, you just get to see their staff attributes. So you should just answer positively when they say that.

The dumbest convo I ever had with a player was

Me: I would like you to stop arguing with the match officials

Him: I don't think it's going to benefit my game

Me: I think you should at least give it a try

Him: I stand by what I said. I should leave now as this conversation isn't going very well.

What dumb mofo wouldn't think it's a good idea to stop arguing with refs?

I'm sorry' date=' what? He scored in the previous game and got a 7.5 rating. I'd maybe even somewhat accept it if his reaction would be closer to something like 'I don't know boss, I think I could do better', but I doubt a striker would get annoyed at any sort of praise after scoring in a 3-1 win against Manchester United.[/quote']

the screen shot is taking from a saturday in the game, so i assume he just played on that saturday and scored and got a 7.5 average, you then went to have a conversation with the player without continuing the game, therefor the game has not calculated everything from the saturday the screen shot was taking, the player then thinks you are talking about the game BEFORE the one you are trying to praise him for because the game has not yet been calculated into everything and in essence hasnt happened yet. So there is nothing wrong with the reaction, you just have not pressed contiue so the game does not take that particular game into context yet.

I think when they say "I could start right away" that doesn't mean you're hiring them as a player/coach, you just get to see their staff attributes. So you should just answer positively when they say that.

Him: I stand by what I said. I should leave now as this conversation isn't going very well.

That sound about right actually.

The sort of person who is confrontational that they constantly argue with referees is not likely to be the sort of person who would take kindly to being told to calm down and be moderate.

The kind of idiot who thinks he can somehow influence the refs.

Archived