Chairman?

I'm currenty playing fm10 and i've noticed its a trend for the chairman to sell of your most gifted players without your permission. Take this guy for example, (picture below) i got him at a very good price and he became one of my best players. However, the chairman could not resist a price offered for him, and sold him without my consent...is this a commoin trend on FM11?

Its happened to me three times over two seasons now, fine, the money is a bonus but i want to keep my good players to challange for the title every season.

37976211.jpg

It is on FM11. It depends on the financial stature of your club and also it's reputation. The small (In reputation and financial terms) your club is, the more likely it is that bigger, higher reputation clubs will steal your players. I'm guessing East Bengal aren't that rich financially on the game perhaps?

in the current financial market and with the talks about clubs having to look after their finances in order to play in europe chairmen are being a bit more savvy with their money. a lot of clubs are losing money and many feel they cant afford to overspend to aim for the top so many will aim for financial security instead.

in FM there should be an option for the manager to approach the board if they choose to accept an offer over the managers head. despite chairmen doing this in real life i'm sure managers do have a word and try to ensure they get the best resolution out of the deal (increased percentage of the fee towards transfers.

pretty sure that managers have threatened to resign if certain players were sold.

Archived