Gah, the game has seriously annoyed me, though for the first time really

I'm Liverpool, and Glen Johnson just scored the worst own goal I've ever seen. Blackburn played a ball through into the box, which if left by Johnson, would have safely gone out. He instead controls it, and while safely away from the nearest attacker, belts it at the near post past Reina who can do nothing. It wasn't a pass back, it was a blast.

I'm quite certain I've never heard of a player scoring an own goal like that. I can think of other defensive balls-ups which have resulted in own goals, but here it appeared that Johnson intended to do it.

I'm just ranting a bit though, as it cost me a win(I have Nistelrooy 1st season, he scored), and also ended my clean sheet streak. I can accept an own goal, but not such a ridiculous one. I know it could be down to the limitations of the ME, but if that's the case, the ME is seriously weak.

To the first, yes. Pollock was under more pressure, and was dealing with an aerial ball. More difficult to control.

To the 2nd, yes. That guy was trying to blast it behind his goal, but messed up. Johnson on my game chose to blast the ball back when no defender would ever actually do that. I don't tend to exaggerated and I genuinely believe that.

The thirds, yes. That was as a result of poor communication between the CB and GK, the CB wasn't looking where he was heading and expected the GK to be ready for the header. On mine Johnson was facing the GK, and chose to blast the ball when no sane person with an ounce of sense would blast it.

Archived