Bloody difficult!

Okay, I have played this game since the first ever edition (1992?).... Starting with Championship Manager then to Football Manager. All games I have been heavily addicted to.... So I am certainly not a rookie.

Anyway, I'm finding this new game VERY difficult.

I am QPR, got promoted with a decent team... make the team even more decent...... I'm now near the end of the season and have won only one game... am last! It's not much fun losing 5-0 every single ruddy game. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

It's a shame, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to play anymore. Sure, it's pretty lame of me to quit just because I keep losing... but it's just wasting my time.

Anyone else finding this game harder than before? I've never been relagated in my time playing these games... This season is obviously going to be my first time! I don't mind getting relageted, but I do mind getting thrashed every single game. Oh and I get players sent off ALL the time... tackling on 'Normal'.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had mixed emotions in a few of my saves in 1 i got promoted with leeds in 1st season and did very well in prem in 1st 2 seasons fishing 7th and 8th respectively

then on another save i got sack with chelsea in november of 1st season been 11th and playing cak its the old clecay of im afraid its your tactics :D

What do you do check what you've done wrong?

. Oh and I get players sent off ALL the time... tackling on 'Normal'.

Also, you say you're not a rookie, and then you say this. Putting tackling on easy/normal/hard does not mean you get few/average/lots players sent off.

its the old clecay im afraid of its your tactics :D

I fear the spelling police may have a field day here ;)

As for the OP, I'm actually finding this version a lot easier than recent ones. I've managed to win the CL twice within three years with two different clubs from different countries, spending the season in between taking over a club in 11th mid season and then winning the title. I've not had instant success like that for a long time.

I fear the spelling police may have a field day here ;)

As for the OP, I'm actually finding this version a lot easier than recent ones. I've managed to win the CL twice within three years with two different clubs from different countries, spending the season in between taking over a club in 11th mid season and then winning the title. I've not had instant success like that for a long time.

Thats spell check for you dafuge ;)

What do you do check what you've done wrong?

Also, you say you're not a rookie, and then you say this. Putting tackling on easy/normal/hard does not mean you get few/average/lots players sent off.

Thanks for the tip Oh Divine One. Sorry for presuming choosing for you players to undertake HARD tackles would mean you have an increased chance of sendings off.

My players aren't particulary agressive, not all of them all closing down the whole pitch, I don't tell them TO GET STUCK IN or to HASSLE OPPONENTS very often. What else means I will get lots of players sent off?

I have to agree with dafuge here - Im finding this easier to get on with than any version since about CM01-02 which had been my favourite until now (undecided at the moment which I prefer more).

The tactics creator allow me to actually make and modify tactics far more than before, I used to use other peoples tactics, but for the first time in about 8 years I am currently using my own 4-1-1-3-1 formation that just fitted the players I have in my team.

Ive had mixed emotions in a few of my saves in 1 i got promoted with leeds in 1st season and did very well in prem in 1st 2 seasons fishing 7th and 8th respectively

then on another save i got sack with chelsea in november of 1st season been 11th and playing cak its the old clecay of im afraid its your tactics :D

Did you mean that, or did you mean cliche?

There's many reasons that players can get sent off. Most of them aren't necessarily tactical either, though a combination of poor attributes and poorly thought out tactical settings can contribute.

Players with high aggression, poor composure, anticipation, composure, decisions, etc... can contribute towards players going in too strong, poor timing of challenges, poor judgements positionally or in defensive situations.

Tactically and sometimes in conjunction with poor attributes, you might for example be playing with a high defensive line against fast or skilful forwards and wingers. They make a through ball pass, or a pass into space, your defender is playing catch-up with an opponent through on goal. The defender pulls him down and there's a professional foul.

The latter is just one example.

On the whole though, I think that cards (red or yellow) issued are probably more statistically correct. I've not played a Spanish save yet, but I can tell you this... in the Liga adelante this season, I don't recall a weekend where much less than five players in those fixtures, have had red cards. That's four or five players in around ten fixtures each week, getting red cards. Admittedly though, from what I've seen so far this season, Liga adelante referees are bloomin' awful. :p

I always find each version of the game difficult to begin with. I try and set a tactic with what I think should work and then watch as my players act as if I've had them lobotomised and exchanged their lucozades for a mix of vodka and methedone.

I always end up going to the tactics forum and downloading several tactics, examining them to see what others have found to work, and then tweaking the tactics to suit my preferred playstyle and my preferred type of players. After that, I find the game loses that difficulty, although I do try and ensure it never becomes too easy because while I enjoy winning things, I do want a challenge.

Archived