How many of you are sick of seeing this every game?

Your winger has the ball on the halfway line, only the left back ahead of him. The winger dribbles at pace and gets ahead of the defender, and has a clean chance to cross.

However this is when the brain illness affecting all wingers comes in. The winger slows down to a slow walk, allowing the defender to get back into place. That I can accept- maybe the winger is waiting for someone to get into the box.

But the next part happens every single time. Every time. He will now cross the ball, I will hit the defender and it will be a corner. No winger knows how to turn and use their other foot, or cross early or beat the defender with skill. They just run down a perfectly straight path parallel to the sideline, stop and cross without any thought or skill involved. It doesn't matter who the winger is or who the defender is. This used to happen in 10.2 and was fixed perfectly in 10.3.

What I will say is that this is the only problem with Fm11 I have faced, it's a quality game.

Your winger has the ball on the halfway line, only the left back ahead of him. The winger dribbles at pace and gets ahead of the defender, and has a clean chance to cross.

However this is when the brain illness affecting all wingers comes in. The winger slows down to a slow walk, allowing the defender to get back into place. That I can accept- maybe the winger is waiting for someone to get into the box.

But the next part happens every single time. Every time. He will now cross the ball, I will hit the defender and it will be a corner. No winger knows how to turn and use their other foot, or cross early or beat the defender with skill. They just run down a perfectly straight path parallel to the sideline, stop and cross without any thought or skill involved. It doesn't matter who the winger is or who the defender is. This used to happen in 10.2 and was fixed perfectly in 10.3.

What I will say is that this is the only problem with Fm11 I have faced, it's a quality game.

Well in real life a cross completion of 20%-25% is considered good therefore most crosses don't reach your players in the box.

In terms of your issue have you tried altering your tactics, things I would look at are:

A) Is your winger set to "Cross from byline" as opposed to "early" or "mixed"

B) A high mentality (Attacking) will encourage your winger to push on and cross rather than turning inside or passing square/backwards.

C) Tempo - Again a high tempo will encourage a winger to push on rather than taking a little time to pick out another option.

Personally in my save I do see fullbacks getting back to the winger a lot but I also see my wingers beating them for pace, with skill (less so) and turning inside or passing to the fullback.

I've got appalling headerers and thus my entire team has crosses set to rarely. I use inside forwards who cut inside all the time. When my players do cross it's mainly my fc or amc who has been run out of position and their crosses often drop right in the centre of the box, right to where they would be standing if they weren't the one crossing... But I think that's a result of using only 1 striker and having an amc with the freedom to go wherever he wants.

This always happens to me. I use both my full backs and wingers to cross and all four of them have been guilty on numerous occasions. What annoys the hell out of me is often the corner results in absolutely nothing and I can't work out why that was deemed a key highlight.

Every game, really? I've seen it a few times, but I also see my wingers beat the defender for pace and keep running at pace before whipping in a good cross, and have seen them cut inside for a shot, or even lay it off to the full-back who then delivers the cross. It always varies for me.

Every game, really? I've seen it a few times, but I also see my wingers beat the defender for pace and keep running at pace before whipping in a good cross, and have seen them cut inside for a shot, or even lay it off to the full-back who then delivers the cross. It always varies for me.

And your instructions for your wingers are??

Ive noticed this, its quite annoying, though i dont know if its a flaw, or the fact that he hasnt got away from the player but its misrepresnted by the 3d engine. either way even though i do fairly well from wing play it irritates me in the big games when space is at a premium

I would agree with this.

Statistically I'm happy with the percentages. Playing with two wingers, I do see similar things happen a lot. Winger gets in space, but seems to allow the full-back to catch up and his delayed cross comes off the defender, either cleared upfield or out for a corner.

Visually the most frustrating for me, is the seeming lack of my wingers putting in first time crosses. I see full-backs try more first time crosses from deep, than wingers in space putting in a first time cross near the byline.

And your instructions for your wingers are??

AML is a default winger, AMR is a default inside forward, both on attack duty. In my last match I had 2 goals which came from my AMR beating the full-back for pace and crossing to the far post.

AML is a default winger, AMR is a default inside forward, both on attack duty. In my last match I had 2 goals which came from my AMR beating the full-back for pace and crossing to the far post.

Ive never understood unbalanced formations - is there a reason why you have different instructions on one side to the other? Ive always mirrored my teams.

Ive never understood unbalanced formations - is there a reason why you have different instructions on one side to the other? Ive always mirrored my teams.

I would usually agree, but my first choice AMR gets a lot more goals playing as an inside forward. I sometimes change the roles based on the players, like if I play a right footer on the left I'll change him to inside forward as well.

I would usually agree, but my first choice AMR gets a lot more goals playing as an inside forward. I sometimes change the roles based on the players, like if I play a right footer on the left I'll change him to inside forward as well.

I dont like crosses to my useless headerers of the ball, thus, both sides are inside fowards.

But its just interresting to know why people do have unbalanced teams, some real teams do it as well, but it tends to be because they use the two different sides for different reasons (all attacking one side, defensive the other etc)

Archived