What affects finding a parent club

Morning/afternoon/evening all

My question relates to parent clubs.

For the past few years i have done a game along the lines of Dafuge's challenge of taking a lower league side to glory (i use a larger database and play with more active leagues) and one of my first priorities is securing a parent club for some loan based assistance. Usually it takes a maximum of a season or two, but this year i am five years in and still do not have one. Each time the board grants my request, but then a few weeks later they return and say they cant find a suitable club to be linked with. (im well into double figures on the number of times this has happened)

Why is this and more importantly is there anything that i can do to improve the chances of finding a parent club? I am playing as St Albans and there are no shortage of viable clubs in the local area (Spurs, chelsea and Arsenal have all been parent clubs on previous versions) This is especially frustating as after reaching league one with back to back to back promotions i am now in my 3rd season in league one and really struggling to make any progress due to a very tight wage budget and local reputation

I usually request feeder/parent clubs during the summer. This is usually when most teams will be looking to make new affiliations, and I find I have more success in getting a feeder/parent club during that period.

Also, if you're subscribing the a news feed of a big club, you'll notice that, from time to time, you'll get news about them cancelling their affiliation with another team. That's probably an ideal time to look for a parent club as well.

I got news about Man United cancelling an affiliation with a lower league club while I was managing Woking FC. I realised that I hadn't got a parent club yet, so I requested one. And guess who I got? Nope, not Manchester United, but Peterborough United. That was mid-season though.

lol @ the anti-climax.

Also, which option do you use when you request a parent club? Money? Loan players? Perhaps swapping to another option will do the trick... Other than that, I believe the board has a set rating that determines how much they want a parent club.. I don't have any confirmation on this, this is just my own experience, but it seems that some boards hate the idea of parent clubs, and if you get a take-over the new board will be much better at finding parent clubs(or the other way around). A lot of the time, the new boards will either cancel existing affiliations or make a new one the very instant they take over.

I have been using loan players option as that has been my motivation. The odd thing for me is how the board seem eager to find me a parent, but are utterly incompetant at finding one.

I have noticed the news items about a cancellation, they are usually around the end of june/start of july, might be worth trying then

Try one of the other options then.

I had a similar problem when trying to find a feeder club that allowed me to send players out on loan. I told my board I was looking for a club that allowed me to send players out on loan, they'd agree and then return a while later saying that they couldn't find a club. Then I tried the "expand scout network" option, and they found a club for me instantly, and it was even one perfect for sending players out on loan too(Randers FC)!

Archived