Whats your favorite type of striker partnership?

Simple question.

Mine is having a "tranquista", a player that is good with the ball at his feet, has good team work, passing, creativity and long shot (Prototype Totti), and having a pacy striker who has good off the ball, finishing and decent heading (Prototype Eto'o)

If i have a player good enough i like to play with just one striker. But on fm 10 when i managed the dutch under 20's they had a few good strikers and CM's so i played a 4-3-3. I used one deep-lying forward who was a very creative player and two advanced forwards who had a bit of pace each.

Simple question.

Mine is having a "tranquista", a player that is good with the ball at his feet, has good team work, passing, creativity and long shot (Prototype Totti), and having a pacy striker who has good off the ball, finishing and decent heading (Prototype Eto'o)

It's "Trequartista".

For me - Deep-lying forward (support) and Poacher.

I normally favour a Complete Forward/Target Man(Depends on how good a striker I can afford) alone by himself, with a Trequartista in the AMC position(got Gerrard playing there now), with one of my wingers playing as an Inside forward, and the other as a winger.

Now though I've got 2 up top, Torres as a Complete Forward, Suarez as a Deep Lying Forward, wingers are the same though.

It's been a long long time since I've actually had two strikers playing CONSISTENTLY well together...

To me it looks like almost every pairing ends up in a "one for me, one for you" kind of loop, where only one of them scores/performs, while the other one has a quiet game.

Therefore, unless I'm forced to, I prefer to play a lone striker (usually DLF or Complete Forward) with 2 or 3 AMCs as support. Or eventually the DLF (S)/Poacher partnership

I have a pacy pacy striker, average finishing and heading and all that. Then I have a massively awesome finisher and header, with average pace and acceleration. Use the pace man as a target man, in support, and the other bloke attacking. Tend to bang in a lot of goals in a season.

I usually go for 3 attacking players - "big man" (doesn't have to be as tall as Peter Crouch, but needs to be strong enough to become the focal point of all finishing), an all-round striker (preferably someone who has excellent movement and is unpredictable, and has enough pace to beat defenders) and one attacking midfielder who can make runs from deep, arrive late in the box and provide a third potent finishing threat, especially from distance. And to mop it all up, they all have to be able to play all three roles fairly well - so I can swap their positions in a cycle.

The best experience I had was where I had a frontline who scored over 30 goals individually - unplayable really. It troubled tall defences and tore apart slow ones; high defensive lines were ripped apart and deep defensive lines fell victim to long shots. Ah, the memories...

Usually, though, for any other formation, I tend to go for a "big man" who is furthest forward, and a complete forward who plays slightly behind.

depends on which formation i use:

1) 4-3-3 - two inside forwards (support) + advanded forward (attack)

2) 4-2-3-1 (the game always says its 4-1-4-1) two inside forwards (attack) + trequartista + poacher

Archived