Do you like playing with the january transfer updates?

Is there an option to have them as future deals?

Instead of having them from July, they join the club in January like real life?

Again, not realistic because transfer deals would never have been cut at the beginning of the season. However, a nice option would be to start with a club at the end of the transfer window, whereby all the clubs have the same points/etc. as they do in real life. That would appeal.

Again, not realistic because transfer deals would never have been cut at the beginning of the season. However, a nice option would be to start with a club at the end of the transfer window, whereby all the clubs have the same points/etc. as they do in real life. That would appeal.

I have plans on creating a save game Starting in January when the new patch comes out with all the teams sitting on the same amount of points as they did in real life on January 1st. Unfortunately the idea didn't come early enough to me and I need to research on what the table standings, goals etc were on that day. With help from FMRTE, it should be capable of being accomplished.

I have plans on creating a save game Starting in January when the new patch comes out with all the teams sitting on the same amount of points as they did in real life on January 1st. Unfortunately the idea didn't come early enough to me and I need to research on what the table standings, goals etc were on that day. With help from FMRTE, it should be capable of being accomplished.

Lovely idea. But how do you manage to do that? Through all these years I thought that was not possible. It would please me a lot if anyone had actually managed to get this done and post a link for uploading to others. This stupid system that SI has been implemented with january transfer has nothing to do with realism.

Lovely idea. But how do you manage to do that? Through all these years I thought that was not possible. It would please me a lot if anyone had actually managed to get this done and post a link for uploading to others. This stupid system that SI has been implemented with january transfer has nothing to do with realism.

I do plan on posting it up, I'll give you a PM if I manage to remember but ill post it in the General Section. I was fooling around with FMRTE and i noticed changes to the league tables save so I'll do the changes and do some testing to see how it reacts to the system. If everything works well as planned ill introduce it publically.

The only issue that still holds is the Champions league fixtures, where it will be a tedious task to try and make the teams allign. Which I might give up on. but the tables shouldn't be an issue.

pick Brazil when you start a new game and then start from January when there season does and you'll start managing from around December 23rd you'll get all the new players etc. its the closest you'll get to having the deals in January.

In my opinion it's wrong to start a new game with the Jan transfer updates. At the start of the season 2010/11 Pardew was not at Newcastle, Raffa was still at Inter and Bent was still at Sunderland. This isn't realism.

People that start a new game with the last patch and Jan trasfer updates just have a completely wrong database.

I tend to play long term games so the database updates don't usually affect me as I don't tend to start new games. If I was to start a new game I'd choose to use the updated transfers as I usually start with a small team so I'll probably be oblivious to the first half a season that has the unrealistic database. I'd rather have those transfers done for the sake of the long term.

If you only play one season from a top league in a save game then I'd imagine it is a tough decision.

I tend to play long term games so the database updates don't usually affect me as I don't tend to start new games. If I was to start a new game I'd choose to use the updated transfers as I usually start with a small team so I'll probably be oblivious to the first half a season that has the unrealistic database. I'd rather have those transfers done for the sake of the long term.

If you only play one season from a top league in a save game then I'd imagine it is a tough decision.

Me too up until now but in future i'm only going to buy and play FM after the final patch (this years mess of a game has seen to that) so when i download the final patch next year i'm gonna go for the one without the transfer update.

I do plan on posting it up, I'll give you a PM if I manage to remember but ill post it in the General Section. I was fooling around with FMRTE and i noticed changes to the league tables save so I'll do the changes and do some testing to see how it reacts to the system. If everything works well as planned ill introduce it publically.

The only issue that still holds is the Champions league fixtures, where it will be a tedious task to try and make the teams allign. Which I might give up on. but the tables shouldn't be an issue.

Ok, thanks. I have actually little issue with this. If you want to do this most realistic, the most reasonable thing to do would be making a save wich starts on 1. February, and not 1. January. That is ofcourse if you want to play with January transfer update. If you start the game on 1. January then all the clubs would be able to buy players through out January window, with all others transfers from RL included, it could be quite alot transfers, if you know what I mean.

Very few of the transfers happening in january happen on the 1st of the month, SI would have to re-create each date each player arrives at the club if people really want complete realism with this, having all players arrive jan 1st would pretty much be the same as it is now and not very close to real life. There is also the added problem of adding said player onto wage budgets and transfer fee's being deducted, most human players will spend their full budget in the first summer, leaving no room for extra players or extra money on wages and transfers, this is part of the reason they add them at the start of the season. Teams could end up being financially crippled in january otherwise.

There is the option but SI cba doing it for some reason despite many people wanting it. Metal Guitarist is making an update with future transfers due to be released on friday. Keep an eye on the thread in th editors forum for more info :thup:

I want to make my own transfers with the pre january squad. I think it's really strange how we are forced into accepting january deals when we want to start a new game. i hated it on fm10 so will hate it here no doubt. also some massive deals are taking place that will help some teams over others.

Maybe i'll change some of them back to their old clubs if it affects me though

I want to make my own transfers with the pre january squad. I think it's really strange how we are forced into accepting january deals when we want to start a new game. i hated it on fm10 so will hate it here no doubt. also some massive deals are taking place that will help some teams over others.

Maybe i'll change some of them back to their old clubs if it affects me though

You dont have to accept the Jan transfers when starting a new game. You just select the 11.2 database instead of 11.3 :thup:

You dont have to accept the Jan transfers when starting a new game. You just select the 11.2 database instead of 11.3 :thup:

Yup, that's what I usually do.

One does miss out on all the error fixing in the database though between the penultimate and the final patch though which is a shame.

I really would support a final database without any of the transfers, I start my game in summer so I want all the teams have the squads of the summer.

Yup, that's what I usually do.

One does miss out on all the error fixing in the database though between the penultimate and the final patch though which is a shame.

I really would support a final database without any of the transfers, I start my game in summer so I want all the teams have the squads of the summer.

by error fixing do you mean CA/PA changes, board changes and what not. Or ME changes and bug fixes. Because regardless of which database you use, ME changes and bug fixes are still implemented.

Yes i use the January updates but then i start with team budgets off, so there won't be any signing during the first season by any team (besides signing players for free or on loan).

Btw, i would also love to see the January updated database with an updated league table to mirror real life at Jan 1st, so you can take over an under performing team and try to do better that the real life manager until the end of the season.

by error fixing do you mean CA/PA changes, board changes and what not. Or ME changes and bug fixes. Because regardless of which database you use, ME changes and bug fixes are still implemented.

I mean all the real errors that are in the database. CA/PA remains subjective.

So I mean adding correct inh. ranges, correct longitude/latitude, fixing stadiums that are listed double in the database, fixing wrongly set languages for cities and so on. In fact all the real data errors as mentioned in the various data threads.

Ok, thanks. I have actually little issue with this. If you want to do this most realistic, the most reasonable thing to do would be making a save wich starts on 1. February, and not 1. January. That is ofcourse if you want to play with January transfer update. If you start the game on 1. January then all the clubs would be able to buy players through out January window, with all others transfers from RL included, it could be quite alot transfers, if you know what I mean.

wouldn't be practical simply because I can't control the fixtures being setup. This way you are guaranteed to play every club once for the second half, making organizing the league tables much much easier. And even then its incredibly hard since Chelsea irl havn't played Man Utd yet and i don't think i can set it up so that the man utd fixture gets pushed back.

I could easily change the transfer funds available to 0. Though I think I am simply going to look at the transfers done and substract that from the available transfer funds so that people have the ability to do something a little bit different in january.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived