FM 2006 and the England job

Probably everyone here is engrossed with FM2008 and fair enough. However I've had my most successful career ever with FM2006 and before I move on to pastures new, I've still got 5 or 10 more seasons before he hits an age I would consider retiring at.

My question is this: if you've been fired from an international position before, is there ever any opportunity to get a second chance there in the future? I'd had a year in the England position but predictably we were bundled out in the quarters of the Euros and I got fired. Now I really want another chance as an international championship would be the crown jewel on my CV.

Does it happen? Can it happen?

Thanks.

Yeah Ryan, I've had plenty of offers from other lands (even Brazil wanted me at one point) but I just wouldn't feel right about it not being England if I won a major tournament.

Midge - thanks. 7 La Liga and 4 CL should be enough... I hope!

Originally posted by MegaWang:

Yeah Ryan, I've had plenty of offers from other lands (even Brazil wanted me at one point) but I just wouldn't feel right about it not being England if I won a major tournament.

Midge - thanks. 7 La Liga and 4 CL should be enough... I hope!

Yes lets hope icon_biggrin.gif

There is a chance but I think it is slim. It does happen however. I don't know what you think about editors but you could put yourself as a favourite of that nation which would probably increase your chances. Im not sure if any editors offer that feature for FM06 though.

First and foremost, FM06 rocks, and is to date, my fave version of FM / CM.

Secondly, its 100% possible for you to get a second chance. I'm not speaking from experience, but the game sacked a manager in FM06, and he was re-hired about 10 years later. icon14.gif

Why do people rate FM06 so highly?

I did buy this game and I remember having a few games on it at the time, however when it came out I had just started a new job and so I didn't really have the time to get into it.

I remember FM2005 well and my addiction returned for FM2007 but FM2006 draws a blank in my mind.

What is so great about it? Perhaps its simplicity?

C.

Originally posted by MegaWang:

Bah, if they don't want you then stick it to them.

After I was sacked by my native country for reaching the World Cup semi finals (realistically unrealistic expectations, but in truth we had played badly to get there).

I took exceptional delight in winning the following world cup with their caber-tossing cousins north of the border.

Ye should have thought of that before ya fired me, ya bastards!

(not that i'm bitter at all)

I loved FM06 icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, I would have thought that you may get another chance in the future. However, as pointed out, you may have to ply your trades elsewhere first to get your reputation back up.

On FM08 there was a nice touch where I resigned from Croatia after getting knocked out the World Cup at the QFs and a week later they asked me to reconsider and come back. Bless them..

Originally posted by route1:

I loved FM06 icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, I would have thought that you may get another chance in the future. However, as pointed out, you may have to ply your trades elsewhere first to get your reputation back up.

On FM08 there was a nice touch where I resigned from Croatia after getting knocked out the World Cup at the QFs and a week later they asked me to reconsider and come back. Bless them..

Thats been around for a few years, IIRC.

I once got the job at a really poor nation, resigned the next day as I'd found a club I wanted to concentrate on, and they asked me to reconsider. I decided to go back to them, only to resign after getting battered in my first game.

Funnily enough, they never asked again icon_biggrin.gif

on 07 i was with chelsea and i won champions league 4 times and prem two times and nigeria who had just won the world cup offered me the job then after the conferdations cup which i lost in the final i resigned then after 4 weeks England sacked there manager and came knocking at my door natruelly i said yes and now i am looking foward to euro

Archived