THIS, is why I love Football Manager..

Picture the scene..

The final round of fixtures in the 2012/2013 season, Liverpool are top the table. Manchester City, managed by 'The Special One' are in second place on level points.. Final game of the season, City play Spurs, whilst Liverpool travel to Everton.

A win for the Reds would clinch their first title in 23 years. A win for Mourinho's men, would mean their first title since '68.

With around 5 minutes left, both games are nil-nil. To win the league, City are gonna have to beat Spurs, or Everton, who are already relegated, could do the impossible and score against Liverpool in the final seconds of their game.

And the latter, is just what happened.

Up steps Lukaku, with an absolute belter to down their bitter rivals, and send Manchester City to their first title in 45 years.

Oh, to make things even sweeter, Lukaku was on loan to Everton from.. guess who? Yep, Manchester City.

i was playing earlier and i was away to chlesea in my first season with newcastle,i was 3-0 down at half time and drew 3-3 in the 95min of injury time through a jose enrique screamer from outside the box,i was ecstatic as you would imaging!!!!!!!and i only had 4 shots with 3 on target!!!!!!!!!

i was playing earlier and i was away to chlesea in my first season with newcastle,i was 3-0 down at half time and drew 3-3 in the 95min of injury time through a jose enrique screamer from outside the box,i was ecstatic as you would imaging!!!!!!!and i only had 4 shots with 3 on target!!!!!!!!!

it's all about Team Tallks what did u say

Picture the scene..

The final round of fixtures in the 2012/2013 season, Liverpool are top the table. Manchester City, managed by 'The Special One' are in second place on level points.. Final game of the season, City play Spurs, whilst Liverpool travel to Everton.

A win for the Reds would clinch their first title in 23 years. A win for Mourinho's men, would mean their first title since '68.

With around 5 minutes left, both games are nil-nil. To win the league, City are gonna have to beat Spurs, or Everton, who are already relegated, could do the impossible and score against Liverpool in the final seconds of their game.

And the latter, is just what happened.

Up steps Lukaku, with an absolute belter to down their bitter rivals, and send Manchester City to their first title in 45 years.

Oh, to make things even sweeter, Lukaku was on loan to Everton from.. guess who? Yep, Manchester City.

haha that is absolutely priceless.

best story ive heard in some time :thup:

:)

Had a very similar end to my first season with United... Chelsea top (83pts), United 2nd (83pts) and City 3rd (82pts). It was the last day of the season...

Chelsea were away to 4th place Arsenal, United at home to 18th place Bolton playing for survival and City were away to 10th place Blackburn.

Chelsea were 3-0 down at half time and out of it, City were 2-0 up via 2 Tevez strikes and I was 0-0 against a battling Bolton team...

Nothing had changed until the 80th minute when Undercover agent Mama Birame Diouf (on loan at Blackburn from United) scored twice against City to make it 2-2. This was followed by an 88th Minute corner delivered by Giggs perfectly to Vidic's head only for him to bullet one in bringing the Title to Old Trafford, Confining City to 3rd and and sending Bolton down! My Fiance had no idea why the house almost came down with my celebrations!!!

Isn't it a supposed 'random fixture generator' done by a computer?

Supposed to be, but you also never see Chelsea v Man Utd as an opening/closing fixture, because this is considered a title decider so they make sure to slot it in a few weeks before the end of the season to make sure it's not a dead rubber.

IRL there is a guy with a computer and he has a list of rules/permutations that he has to follow when setting the fixtures, like Liverpool and Everton never both play at home on the same day because of their close proximity.

In-game though I think it's all random.

Ha! I recently missed out on a league win because on the last day of the season I played a team whose goalie was on loan from me, and despite close to 20 shots on goal he kept us to a 0-0 draw and my 1 point lead turned into a 1 point deficit since my close rival did win. So this is no laughing matter. :mad:

Supposed to be, but you also never see Chelsea v Man Utd as an opening/closing fixture, because this is considered a title decider so they make sure to slot it in a few weeks before the end of the season to make sure it's not a dead rubber.

IRL there is a guy with a computer and he has a list of rules/permutations that he has to follow when setting the fixtures, like Liverpool and Everton never both play at home on the same day because of their close proximity.

Not quite true. Few seasons back, around 2005, Chelsea beat man u 1-0 first league game of the season at Stamford bridge with a frank lampard penalty…..

Jose Mourinho's first league game at Chelsea was home to Manchester United, 1-0 to Chelsea, Eidur Gudjonson.

Jose Mourinho's first league game at Chelsea was home to Manchester United, 1-0 to Chelsea, Eidur Gudjonson.

I stand corrected on the opening fixture, but it would never be a closing fixture whilst the teams are considered the main title rivals.

I stand corrected on the opening fixture, but it would never be a closing fixture whilst the teams are considered the main title rivals.

Why not? Surely having a title deciding game on the last day of the season would be their dream, think of the amount of money that would be made from that.

Why not? Have you read the article that was linked above, there are no rules preventing this. I guess clubs could request this, but how do you know who will be your main title rival (or even if you will be a contender) before the previous season has even started.

Isn't it a supposed 'random fixture generator' done by a computer?

Had to make one during my comp science degree (in Java) for a coursework piece.

Wasn't easy. But it worked. At the time, I had poor West Ham facing Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Newcastle (7 years ago!) away from home in their season openers. Poor guys.

20 years ago, but Liverpool-Arsenal was a last day title decider.

That match wasn't meant to be the last one, it got re-arranged after the Hillsborough tragedy and had to be played after the FA Cup Final that season.

Why not? Have you read the article that was linked above, there are no rules preventing this. I guess clubs could request this, but how do you know who will be your main title rival (or even if you will be a contender) before the previous season has even started.

At the moment you know that only one of 3 or 4 teams are likely to win the title. I'm sure there are no rules preventing it, but I imagine it has more to do with TV companies wanting to schedule a match between the two favourites at a time when they know it will be important.

This happened on friday night in a network game.

Table after 45 games.

I was Coventry and my mate was Cardiff. I drew my last game, he won his last game to win the league, and 3rd place Boro won their game, ii went on to lose in the play off finals.

I must be the unluckiest manager around, happened again on the following season, all down to the last game against an already promoted Sunderland.

Table after 45 games again.

I should have mentioned i lost against Sunderland, and i went on to lose the play off finals aswell, to Fulham.

I've read both of yours taylorsmen and that is so unlucky. I remember as Southampton manager I lost the play-off final in League 1 against Leeds, then got promoted the next season, then lost a play-off semi-final against Leeds, and the next season I lost another play-off final... against Leeds! It was a sickener.

If the first one was on Friday night though... blimey how quickly do you guys get through a season?!!!

Archived