Has any AI team ever won all their league games in a season?

That's almost impossible to happen. No team is so good and so much better than all the other teams that they can win all matches during an entire season, facing injuries, bans, poor form, etc. I'm sure something like that if it happens, it will be a once in a lifetime thing.

If you assume that a club, for arguments sake, has a 75% chance of winning each match they play (probably over generous) then the chances of them winning a full season of games is 0.0000032 - or a 3 in a million chance.

Therefore 3 people in every million seasons would see this happen.

If you drop the probablity to 50% chance of winning each match then the chance falls to 0.0000000000015 and I dont even know if I can express that in words - I think that is once in 5 billion.

If you assume that a club, for arguments sake, has a 75% chance of winning each match they play (probably over generous) then the chances of them winning a full season of games is 0.0000032 - or a 3 in a million chance.

If you drop the probablity to 50% chance of winning each match then the chance falls to 0.0000000000015 and I dont even know if I can express that in words - I think that is once in 5 billion.

wow, way to much maths for a monday morning!!

In my save HJK on the Finnish Premier League in 2016 having not dropped a point.

I got 0.0000179 (18 in a million) as a binomial probability, probability of success 0.75, no. of trials 38. But this is just a mathematical exercise because we can't estimate a probability of success. If a team has somehow managed to put together an amazing squad like Barcelona, developed the players further and nobody good left, they could be quite unbeatable.

I got 0.0000179 (18 in a million) as a binomial probability, probability of success 0.75, no. of trials 38. But this is just a mathematical exercise because we can't estimate a probability of success. If a team has somehow managed to put together an amazing squad like Barcelona, developed the players further and nobody good left, they could be quite unbeatable.

Yea - that would be because I had a brain freeze and used the wrong number of games :)

And I think you nailed it with the second part - 'unbeatable' - but not impossible to draw with.

Archived