Rushing Out...

• 2 weeks later...

The manual is not known for being helpful or comprehensive, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Not a single one of my keepers' "Rushing Out" has budged at all.

See also http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/170515-Any-one-played-a-long-term-game-yet-How-are-the-newgens?p=4309651#post4309651

"Rushing out" is not a how good/bad kind of attribute. This attribute defines how often the player rushes out from his line to clear the ball. So it is similar to the "Tendency to punch" attribute. So even a world class goalkeeper can have a low value in "rushing out" if he tends to not do it much.

"Rushing out" is not a how good/bad kind of attribute. This attribute defines how often the player rushes out from his line to clear the ball. So it is similar to the "Tendency to punch" attribute. So even a world class goalkeeper can have a low value in "rushing out" if he tends to not do it much."

I think that's the most useful thing to have been thrown up by this thread.

• 2 months later...
"Rushing out" is not a how good/bad kind of attribute. This attribute defines how often the player rushes out from his line to clear the ball. So it is similar to the "Tendency to punch" attribute. So even a world class goalkeeper can have a low value in "rushing out" if he tends to not do it much."

I think that's the most useful thing to have been thrown up by this thread.

I recently decided it's time to develop Delac and i found this. Then i remembered a thread a long time ago...so i came back to shove this in your face ;p lol

2rc205y.jpg

The manual is wrong, again.

The coaching report should read "Player is very likely to stay on his line leaving us open to throughballs" or something like that.

Setting his role to sweeper keeper will also encourage him to do it.

Personally I prefer a Rushing Out attribute at around 12 ish - I don't want him rushing out every time.

The manual isnt incorrect.

Think about it logically.

IF a GK chooses to rush out, pace and acceleration are going to help.

"How good the goalkeeper is at coming off his line to react to through balls and similar situations"

That is incorrect.

If your keeper isn't coming off the line and out of the box to intercept through balls, it is the tactic which is at fault. Increase creative freedom and/or closing down. Mentality may also help.

Not so. It has long been recognised that keepers of the modern game have taken up the sweeper role, hence the almost complete death of the outfield sweeper position. He's not just a GK anymore, he's the first, if you're lucky, creative outlet and sweeper when appropiate, and more on top of that. Consult ANY real manager or pundit if you can and i promise they'll say the same.

So is it a good/bad attribute or a tendency one?

The fact that coaches report it as a possible 'weakness' suggests to me that it might be a good/bad attribute as the manual suggests.

So is it a good/bad attribute or a tendency one?

The fact that coaches report it as a possible 'weakness' suggests to me that it might be a good/bad attribute as the manual suggests.

That and the role GKs are expected tp play in football these days. You have someone who can't get to a backpasss, failed long ball etc qucik enough, a sharp striker will score a goal he shouldn't have. For example.

Originally Posted by BiggusD

If your keeper isn't coming off the line and out of the box to intercept through balls, it is the tactic which is at fault. Increase creative freedom and/or closing down. Mentality may also help.

Not so. It has long been recognised that keepers of the modern game have taken up the sweeper role, hence the almost complete death of the outfield sweeper position. He's not just a GK anymore, he's the first, if you're lucky, creative outlet and sweeper when appropiate, and more on top of that. Consult ANY real manager or pundit if you can and i promise they'll say the same.

What exactly did you think I said there? :s

What I don't understand, then, is why Command of Area is trainable but Rushing Out is not. Essentially the same idea, except one is for crosses and one is for through balls. Neither are the ability to get there. Really, Rushing Out should be trainable. As a goalkeeper, I come out a lot more than I did 2 years ago.

What exactly did you think I said there? :s

Well, it's not so much a tactical thing as every keeper, despite the system is expected to do this. So it's a personal duty and responsibilty, not a tactical one. That's all i was trying to distinguish between. The ONLY exception would be if you were playing a sweeper. And in the modern game this is only likely to do done if the keeper is absolutely useless with the ball at his feet. I don't mean shoddy, i mean utterly cretinous.

Archived