Freedom Of Speech.........Not

Why is it that any thread that is critical of SI or the FM game is closed by the mods, surely this should be a free forum for people to air their views and debate the positives and negatives of the game. I have praised the game when it's been good and critisised it when it hasn't, yet some mods seem to be in complete denial that there are even any bugs and believe that we shouldnt even be talking about them. If SI had an ar*e, moderator Andy H would have his tongue firmly inserted in it.

I fully expect this thread to be closed and to be banished from the forums, but the game I have loved to play for years is in my eyes just not right at the moment, and the reason people raise issues with bugs is that they just want to enjoy the game. I firmly believe that after FM11 the sales of FM12 will be dramatically reduced, this isn't just due to the quality of the game, but also the attitude of the SI staff and the mods on here. Listen to the people who are buying the game and keeping you in work. It's not much to ask is it??

im pretty sure well detailed criticism is allowed, mindless crying and moaning is not.

We never see the opposite way though, they can take praise, but not criticism *safety wink*

I’m sure SI allow threads that give a detailed, or reasonable argument and are not duplicates of earlier threads, not ones like “OMFG GAME IS BROKEN. NEVA PLAYIN AGEN??!?!?!?!!?"

Short answer: They don't. There are many instances of threads critical of the game staying open for many pages of comments. Look them up.

Long answer: Those threads that do get closed are either A) like this one; a faeces sligning attempt by a under-brained poster who doesn't know the meaning of valid criticism or B) threads that quickly degenerate into a slagging match initiated by either pro- or anti-game partisans.

If you want to see a site that actively gets rid of critical threads get your ass over to 2K-Games, specifically their CivV section.

Please note that I've also reported you for abusing the moderators, if they're on your back it's probably for the same lack of civility and respect you've shown above. Frankly if I were a mod my attitude would be "See that door, don't let it hit you on the way out, it's valuable wood".

Why is it that any thread that is critical of SI or the FM game is closed by the mods, surely this should be a free forum for people to air their views and debate the positives and negatives of the game. I have praised the game when it's been good and critisised it when it hasn't, yet some mods seem to be in complete denial that there are even any bugs and believe that we shouldnt even be talking about them. If SI had an ar*e, moderator Andy H would have his tongue firmly inserted in it.

I fully expect this thread to be closed and to be banished from the forums, but the game I have loved to play for years is in my eyes just not right at the moment, and the reason people raise issues with bugs is that they just want to enjoy the game. I firmly believe that after FM11 the sales of FM12 will be dramatically reduced, this isn't just due to the quality of the game, but also the attitude of the SI staff and the mods on here. Listen to the people who are buying the game and keeping you in work. It's not much to ask is it??

What absolute nonsense. I've seen 100's of posts with constructive criticism and not so constructive criticism that haven't been closed.

Can you not state your concerns/arguments without getting personal? There's your problem right there. You whine that this thread will probably be closed yet you're purposefully trying to make it happen by trying to wind up a mod. It's so transparent and see through, it's bordering on tragic.

As the others have said if you put your criticism in a constructive manner and provide evidence to backup your points you often get a decent discussion. However if you do nothing but rant about the game then the thread gets closed quickly as it doesn't serve any positive purpose and normally ends up in a slanging match that forcing the mods to issue warnings/cards.

TBH I'm not sure what you are alluding to - looking at the first page I see six closed threads, one was a duplicate, three were about the next patch, one was a rant and the last was where the user opened another thread after his original rant was closed. All fairly standard stuff.

Nice work dude, calling out a mod like that. That alone is enough to get you banned.

There are tons of good constructive criticisms to the game on the forums that don't resort to abusing other forum members or mods.

The game is far from perfect and I personally hate some things, but I won't go low enough to abusing others behind a screen and keyboard while I criticize them.

Grow some balls, remove yourself from SI's arse and stop believeing everything in the game is perfect, im outa here you pricks can report me as much as you want!!!!!

Hahahaha, this sentence is brilliant. "I regret notthhhhhiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg!"

To be honest I fully expected to be banned for this, but as your treating me like im some newcomer who has never been on the forums, thats your issue. Look at my join date, ive seen plenty on here to back my point up, the mods have never been on my back, in fact I was very pro-SI until this release. The thing is your not a mod, but you are one of those who like Andy H cannot take any critisism of the game, my initial thread was not a rant, ive seen Andy H go on threads abuse people and then close the thread so they cant debate, in my view he is a complete idiot and an SI flunky, you come on here and say civilsed debate is allowed then tell me to take my ass elsewhere and report me.

Grow some balls, remove yourself from SI's arse and stop believeing everything in the game is perfect, im outa here you pricks can report me as much as you want!!!!!

I'm not treating you like a newbie, I'm just treating you like the foul-mouthed, hyperbolical idiot that you come across as. This kind of attitude has nothing got to do with your join date, but everything got to do with you. It's your problem not mine, that you can't abide by the basic social civilities that is expected of you.

I don't care whether you liked the series before either, that is completely and utterly tangenital to the meat of my issue with your post and thread, which is your comlete lack of both manners and human decency. And for your information, I am critical of some aspects of the game (not as many as other people), I have reported bug issues, which is unlike you (from your post history) so I'd say I have a lot more behind me in the critical stakes.

And again you throw the personal insults against moderators, and again I, rightly, report you for it.

Finally I'll retort in the manner you seem to work at: Grow some balls, you snivelling little man-child and stop acting like the 5 year old who's run away with the ball to mammy, all because the other team scored when he didn't want them to.

• Administrators

As people have quite-rightly stated in this thread, any balanced, constructive criticism we will most absolutely read and take into account. Anything that can be angry criticism, abuse or anything like that will more often than not be closed as it's not really beneficial for anyone.

Brainless fool should be banned - oh sorry that wasn't constructive. What a pointless thread, as its been said before its all about how you are in saying something. And Freedom of speech is actually the total opposite of what you have demostrated as the correct legal standing of freedom of speech states that it must be constructive, non abusive and hate speech which you seem to demonstrate rather well is also outlawed.

I firmly believe that after FM11 the sales of FM12 will be dramatically reduced

If I had a penny for every time a frothy-mouthed, cupcake-devouring moron painstakingly typed out a variation on this sentence on these forums, I'd have more tasty Polish lagers to drink this evening.

As it is, I don't. :(

What tickles me is the amount of people saying the game is buggy as heck until the last patch. The same people seem to buy the game at launch every year.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson after the past 2 years, but no. I've spent a whopping 4 hours with the game so far because the league I play is absolutely busted. Hoping patch 3 takes care of that...and I'll probably once again by the next FM when it comes out. Apparently I have SUCKER written on my forehead?

You'd think I would have learned my lesson after the past 2 years, but no. I've spent a whopping 4 hours with the game so far because the league I play is absolutely busted. Hoping patch 3 takes care of that...and I'll probably once again by the next FM when it comes out. Apparently I have SUCKER written on my forehead?

Which league is that?

What tickles me is the amount of people saying the game is buggy as heck until the last patch. The same people seem to buy the game at launch every year.

That's like having the worst hangover ever and say you're never going to drink again.....but you do.

That's how it is liking something very much. Even with the hangover, it's worth it in the end :p

N.B. provided it's the normal worst hangover, and not the extreme version ;)

Archived