Why can't I ever use mind games?

Sorry, if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forum and can't find an answer.

As it says really. When ever I want to make comments about another manager, the mind game options are always greyed out. My last save was about 10 seasongs long and never once could I use it. In my new save I am in my 3rd season and still haven't been able to use it. Does anyone know whay I never get to use it?

Personally, I believe they made the manager to manager interaction much worst this version. You can't say anything other than I like you. or I hate you. Occasionally you can say "he shouldn't be fired".

I also have noticed that a lot of the player interactions are also grayed out. Especially the Media one, is that EVER not grayed out? It bother me because i cannot ever remove the "Never talks to journalist" indication from my personal manager screen.

This interaction thing is truly awful worse than ever in all aspects. Talking to the press just as mundane and stupid as ever they should at least supply us with a media editor to create better questions.

The manager interaction is pathetic how many managers do you ever hear having a pop at another manager by saying I wouldn't of transfer listed "X" player or how they go about their transfer business it's rubbish.

The player interaction sucks to you can never praise there training ask them about concerns or talking to the media less ect..

This whole aspect of the game needs a complete overhaul and employ some people to come up with better questions and answers. I would prefer writing my own answers without having to add something to it so it get's taken completely the wrong way.

Oh and sort the International management out when talking to players, in fact just sort the whole international side of the game out. Christ it's needed a major overhaul since they bloody well first introduced it to the game!

I don't really know why SI, every single year seems to start everything all over again, when the last game just needed some work.

In FM10 I could actually play in 2D pretty well. But with FM11 (which supposedly, have the same system requirements) and yet, I can't play the game in 2D (gets extremely sloppy, in one word: unplayable). And this is not happening only to me, there were quite a few questions about this, but all remained the same while patch after patch was released.

Some quick examples:

-The transfer system in '10 was way, way better;

-This bugs in the interaction section start showing;

-The match engine wasn't that buggy.

I think the 3d match engine was needed and has turned out rather well tbh. In FM10 just occasionally it had the feel of swos, high praise indeed. However the thing about "starting over" i think was a poorly thought out attempt to try and make out like the game has something new to offer because somebody felt that they had to justify another FM game. Business thinkers ought to keep out of the creative process imo

I don't play in the 3D match engine, so I can't speak in that subject.

I agree with the rest, don't get me wrong, I don't want the exact same game every year, just with the season updates. But SI seem to be wasted quite a long time doing all that "all over again", when IMO, they should continued FM '10 work. If FM'11 had the '10 transfer system + the real time contract negotiation (a heavily worked than this FM11 have), improved match engine, plus an actual real set piece creator, the game could be really wonderful. It's a shame.

Archived