Biggest Club You've Seen Relegated ~ Most Shocking Winner of any League or Tournament

The biggest club I've seen relegated was Werder Bremen in my FM 2008 game, I haven't seen anyone bigger to go down, but I have noticed that Liverpool often dangle dangerously around the bottom three on some of my games.

Most shocking win? FM2011 - CSKA Moscow winning the 2012 Champions League against FC Bayern, Russia also got to the final of Euro 2012. Good year for Russian football I'd say. :p RC Strasbourg won Ligue 1 during my FM2009 game, the next season however they went straight down back to Ligue 2. xD

How about everyone else?

On one of my FM11 saves I saw Rubin get to either the semi-finals or finals of the Champions League 1st season. I know they played Man Utd in the semis but I can't remember if they won. Not seen any shocking league / cup wins or big teams relegated though.

I have seen, since CM97? (I forget, but the second or third version of the game) the following clubs relegated (that I remember obviously):

Mancester United

Newcastle (Was a shock at the time, not anymore tho)

Blackburn (same as newcastle)

Chelsea

Everton

I have never seen liverpool or arsenal get relegated, but both I have seen finish in around 15th place (although not on FM11)

Craziest winner of the premiership

Crystal Palace

And I wasnt even managing them!

But I did the previous year :)

Biggest club I've seen relegated is Real Madrid on FM08 in 2014.

Zaragoza is probably the most surprising winner winning La Liga 3 times in those 7 years.

Spain is mental on old versions of FM.

On CM03/04 Man United and Liverpool were both relegated in the same year aswell.

FM10 I had Stoke in League 1. Not that bad until you realise Sorensen was still on 26k a week! Their finances must have been bad.

CL Final - Barcelona 1 - 5 Atletico Madrid was a good one on FM 11.

My ultimate though? Scotland winning the 2010 WC and the 2012 EC on FM10!

On one of the older FM's I remember seeing Man Utd relegated to the Championship, still keeping Rooney and Ronaldo! On my current FM11 there seem to be a few different winners of the Serie A title.

2011 Palermo

2012 Napoli

2013 Inter

2014 Inter

2015 Palermo

2016 Palermo

2017 Fiorentina

2018 Roma

2019 Palermo

Barcelona relegated once in my CM0304 game mainly due to financial problems. Almost all their players at one point were greyed out players. They were mid-table in the Segunda Division for a few seasons before returning to the highest level.

In my previous FM2008 save game after 20 seasons the current status is

West Ham in League Two

Aston villa, Birmingham and Blackburn in League One

Luton Town, Torquay Utd in Championship

Cambridge Utd in Premier League

However Liverpool are the dominant force winning 14 of the last 20 seasons the other 6 were won by

Chelsea x 2

Arsenal

Stoke City

Salisbury (Me as Manager have been for the complete 20 seasons)

Man Utd

three years into my long career game with horsham and woy completely destroyed liverpool, buying elderly south american players, never for more than £1M, most on frees. This resulted in Liverpool being 18th at christmas!

However he promptly got the sack (on boxing day no less!) and Alan Shearer came in, stopped playing (most) of the south american oldies and recovered their season, they now sit 10th. I haven't seen any actual shocks in the game apart from that.

Edit: oh actually in the second season the fa cup final was contested between a championship everton and league two Crewe. Everton won though and got promoted. Barnet made it to the semi's in the same season :p

most shocking club i saw to go down was Man U, they went bankrupt i think and only had youth players playin but they came back up and got better every year,, they went down the same year Owen Coyle won the league with Burnley

Archived