FM12-Confidence Players

I've had an idea for FM12 mainly based around the wonderful Emile Heskey!!!

Recently Emile has been playing the best football I can remember the Panto Villain playing (I'm only 17 so don't remember his Leicester and Liverpool days too well) and one thing I noticed is he is much more confident and fired up from when I've seen him before

Basically my idea is to have an atrribute which determines how much a player relies on his morale to effect his performances, ie he gets a 10 one week, reveals personal problems to you with your staff, and therefore his morale drops so it is unlikely he will get higher than a 9 if it drops to Very Good, 8 Good 7 Okay etc. etc.

This would be a hidden stat obviously as you would end up not buying players as it would be too risky to play them if there morale wasn't a certain level. It would be linked with consistency so morale changes would effect performance more drastically if the consistency was lower whereas a lower consistency wouldn't have as much effect if the player had higher "Confidence" and had Superb morale.

For me it would make the game more realistic and make me consider Morale a lot more than I do now if I knew that it could have much more drastic effects.

Hope other people agree and it can be included in future versions :thup:

Pretty certain this is already modeled for all players in the game at the moment - if you have a player with 'very poor' moral and you look at the in match confidence widget, you will notice that often they say 'playiing without confidence'

It's not realistic though. A goal, just one goal, scraped in off the heal or knee is enough to change it around. Look at Merieles at Liverpool, playing pants, the fans wanting his head and then one fluke of a goal and he's suddenly playing like Iniesta and volleying wondergoals in.

Maidel - I know it is to an extent but normally they are just having a bad game and have slightly poor morale whereas I've seen players playing with confidence and not having Good or higher morale just playing well.

bunsngabb - As for it not being realistic, your example kind of proves my point, Meireles would have high "Confidence" as one "fluke", or great goal in his eyes, he then has confidence and has started believing he can play well so therefore does, if you catch my drift.

I understand where you're coming from but think Heskey is the wrong example. Heskey has flourished this season because he is playing a different role under Houllier than he did under O'Neill.

When he scored under O'Neill he never really got a confidence boost and started performing well therein. Similarly, when he misses hatful of chances under Houllier he hasn't lost his confidence. The change is merely because we utilise his strengths better now!

Geoff, I know what you mean but my idea isn't based solely on performances but what happens behind the scenes and how the manager deals with them eg Position/Role, training, personal differences and so forth. Which means, like Heskey, it may depend on the staff rather than performances, which I now feel i haven't communicated across too well

Archived