Cup legs with suspiciously too much derbies

Humans are terribly bad at recognising randomness, and that's why you're thinking it's fixed when it isn't We see patterns when they aren't there. You've probably just never thought it noteworthy when you haven't been drawn against rivals or maybe you have only played a few seasons and had a couple more clashes than you'd have expected.

Issue still remains, where more often that not I will face the same local team in different cups in the same season and/or after playing them in my domestic league

Would be interesting to see a screenshot of your fixtures, as the probability of this happening most of the time is very unlikely.

I can't say I've noticed it too often. I play as Liverpool and have met Man Utd a few times in the cups over the years, but usually in the later rounds when there are less teams left so it's more likely.

In my 5 years with Boreham Wood this is the complete lisst of my FA cup opponents.

Year 1. Chesunt*, Chelmsford+.

Year 2. Workington, St. Albans#*, Shepshed, Crewe

Year 3. Wealdstone+.

Year 4. Stevenage*.

Year 5. Staines+, Hyde, Dartford+, Leicester.

*In Hertfordshire

# Rival

+ South East (not herts)

So of the 12 teams faced

3 come from the same county and another 4 come from the same region.

What a about a different team this time Northamptonshire's finest Rushden & Diamonds.

Year 1. Kettering*#, Bournemouth, Shrewsbury, Swansea.

Year 2. Kettering*#.

Year 3. Bishop Stortford+, Aldershot, Northampton*#.

Year 4. Corby*, Gillingham, Dartford, Wigan, Manchester United.

Year 5. Corby*.

* Northants Clubs

# Rivals

+ Geographically close

This time a team from further north GainsBorough Trinity.

Year 1. North Ferriby+, Matlock+, Grimsby+.

Year 2. Glapwell+, Enfield, Crystal Palace.

Year 3. Lincoln*, Ebbsfleet.

Year 4. North Ferriby+, Boston#, Telford.

Year 5. Lincoln*.

* Lincolshire

# Rivals

+ close

Seems there is a trend, Realism damaging or adding more drama? I'd say the latter (as long as i don't start getting Watford consistently.)

I play as Everton and have never played Tranmere in either Cup and Liverpool only once before the semi final stage that I can remember.

BUT I have played Man City in the League Cup during all five seasons I've played so far in my career. Could be a ridiculous coincidence but I'm starting to get sick of it. A lot of the Cup draws are against Premier League sides, the lowest I've played that I can remember is the Championship, no romantic ties against non league or lower league opposition.

It feels like FIFA at times with the draws.

i believe that all the rounds of the qualifying for the fa cup (maybe except the last round) are all geographically drawn. i follow boston and im sure they have drawn a lincolnshire side in the 1st round for the last 3 seasons in real life. dont forget most clubs cant even realistically afford to travel 100+ miles both ways for a game

derbies in the cup aren't that rare, I can think of two, and farily big ones in my eyes, from this years League and FA cup, they are Birmingham v Aston Villa and Man Utd v Liverpool and could probably find more if i could be arsed to go through every draw of both competitions.

This has been an issue from long past FM games, do a quick search

Yep it seems just like that.

I can understand regionalization but I am referring to the fact that too much often I face the exactly same opponent within FA and League cup and among several years and Leagues. That massively happened also on FM10, at least to me, despiting I now manage a different team than what I had on FM10.

It depends on what cup and what level you are playing at. The early rounds of either (or both) the FA cup and league cup are regionalized to limit the effect on lower clubs having to travel long distances.
The starting rounds of the FA cup ARE REGIONALIZED - this is 100% accurate. Please stop complaining about real life!

And for the record, the first round of the league cup is split north south.

Am I on most peoples ignore list?

Ive said that the cups are regionalised 3 times now...

Spot on!

Maidel has the answer. :thup:

I think the main problem is that around 75% of my cup fixtures are away from home in all my saves!

Or am I just imagining it? Human nature to complain after all. Ha Ha.

Plus if PL club I never ever draw a team lower than championship in 3rd round even though there usually at least 10 teams in BSP or lower still in comp.

Oh hang on human nature again.

Issue still remains, where more often that not I will face the same local team in different cups in the same season and/or after playing them in my domestic league

I have had this a few times. Not with a rival, but still three games against Everton in six days, one away and two home.

Archived