Great Corner Tactic

Centre Back has scored 9 goals in 8 games. What you do is have all your players attack the front post then have your best heading and jumping player attack the back post by himself. Set the corner taker to aim for back post and 9/10 your defender will beat his marker and score :) let me know your results?

Yes but when your Celtic and your playing mostly(all) rubbish teams its not so unrealistic. Need to see if it works against better players in the champions league. I do however take your point on board and agree with yourself to a certain point. Hopefully they can fix it :) Think I need a new challenge with a harder team.

I wouldn't call it a weakness. Its an Organised set piece "straight from the training ground".

if you have scored that amount of goals with your centre back its a weakness, as i say post it in the ME thread so SI can have another good example of it happening, hopefully it will be sorted for the next patch.

Centre Back has scored 9 goals in 8 games. What you do is have all your players attack the front post then have your best heading and jumping player attack the back post by himself. Set the corner taker to aim for back post and 9/10 your defender will beat his marker and score :) let me know your results?

You dont even need to set everyone to the front post - it works anyway.

Its a known bug/expolit of the current match engine unfortunately.

Yes but when your Celtic and your playing mostly(all) rubbish teams its not so unrealistic. Need to see if it works against better players in the champions league. I do however take your point on board and agree with yourself to a certain point. Hopefully they can fix it :) Think I need a new challenge with a harder team.

It doesnt matter who you are or what league your in. A defender doesnt score 9 goals in 8 games all from corners. You tell me one Celtic defender that has done that in the past 30 years.

It doesnt matter who you are or what league your in. A defender doesnt score 9 goals in 8 games all from corners. You tell me one Celtic defender that has done that in the past 30 years.

Vermailan did it for arsenal in his first season, was the clubs top scorer for half the year.

Didnt score again for the rest of the season however...

Vermailan did it for arsenal in his first season, was the clubs top scorer for half the year.

Didnt score again for the rest of the season however...

He didnt score 9 goals in 8 games all from corners did he? Im not saying defenders cant score. Steve Bruce was Man Utd's top scorer one year.

He didnt score 9 goals in 8 games all from corners did he? Im not saying defenders cant score. Steve Bruce was Man Utd's top scorer one year.

Corners and 'corner like' freekicks if I remember correctly. And to be honest, it was more like 9 in 12/13 games.

They werent all scored with his head either - which I assume that defender did.

And they werent all from the back post either.

So sorry, it wasnt really like this at all actually :)

He actually scored 7 in the league. 8 alltogether. Wasnt a couple of them long range shots?

There we go - I even got the number of goals wrong :)

Pass, not an arsenal fan, all I know is that no Palace player ever scores 8 goals in a season...

Its only because about 5 minutes before you mentioned vermaelen I was looking at his wicki page so I knew the figures :)

In which case, dont open the pages for ian wright, marc bright or andy jonson or you will be able to correct me on my other stat that I got wrong....

Is it impossible? Why does someone else need to have done it for it to happen? but again is it impossible?

and Robbo chill out I agreed with you to a certain point it needs to get fixed. But again is it impossible for it to happen? haha

Is it impossible? Why does someone else need to have done it for it to happen? but again is it impossible?

and Robbo chill out I agreed with you to a certain point it needs to get fixed. But again is it impossible for it to happen? haha

No its not impossible, but highly unlikely. But in this case with regards to the game, you can do it with pretty much any team so obviously its an exploit of the ME.

Every year people complain about large amounts of goals from corners. I would just like to bring to your attention that Blackburn scored around 70% of their goals from set pieces under Sam Allardyce, is this an expolit in real life?

Last season my Barcelona side scored 136 goals in the league, 27 of which were from corners (my corner routine was aim to back post, yaya sanogo stood on back post) and 5 from indirect freekicks, 32 in total from set pieces or 23.5%. Does this really sound like an exploit?

Every year people complain about large amounts of goals from corners. I would just like to bring to your attention that Blackburn scored around 70% of their goals from set pieces under Sam Allardyce, is this an expolit in real life?

Last season my Barcelona side scored 136 goals in the league, 27 of which were from corners (my corner routine was aim to back post, yaya sanogo stood on back post) and 5 from indirect freekicks, 32 in total from set pieces or 23.5%. Does this really sound like an exploit?

and how many did the others teams score from corners? and what were their ratios?

EDIT

Also any evidence that Blackburn scored 70% of their goals from setpieces.

"Known exploit", "known exploit", "known exploit". It's said as if the match engine was properly done and people made devious attempts trying to trick it into conceding goals. Also, question: if you had a preferred way of setting up your corners, a way perfectly in line with common football logic, and it so happens the match engine somehow lets you score more than what is commonly scored from corners. Would you change it?

Would you change it?

It depends on how game breaking it was - the corner exploit from last year (MC on the edge of box scoring about 1-3 goals a game) no - thats too broken. Corner expoilt from this year, maybe, its not THAT broken.

What I wouldnt be doing is bragging about it.

Exactly!

If you have good players who are suited to score from set pieces, and you tailor your tactics to support that approach, then you will score goals from corners and free kicks from the flanks. That's not exploiting the match engine, that's the match engine doing it's job.

It may be that the AI's defence can be improved, in terms of not letting a good jumper get so much space, but in real life good jumpers get space in attacking set pieces as well, so I don't see the issue.

It may be that the AI's defence can be improved, in terms of not letting a good jumper get so much space, but in real life good jumpers get space in attacking set pieces as well, so I don't see the issue.

The issue is a good set piece taker to the far post to a good header will get about 1 goal every other game. Which, no matter how good you are, is unrealsitic.

The issue is a good set piece taker to the far post to a good header will get about 1 goal every other game. Which, no matter how good you are, is unrealsitic.

Maybe marginally so, but hardly a game breaker. Like I said: look at how the AI defends the far post, and that's probably all that's needed.

Maybe marginally so, but hardly a game breaker. Like I said: look at how the AI defends the far post, and that's probably all that's needed.

So there you have just answered the question. If the fault is how the AI defends the far post, that is a fault in the ME. If you take advantage of that you are exploiting the ME.

In my lower League save, the issue isn't so much that too many goals are scored off corners. Its more that too many are from the player attacking the far post. IRL I think they would find that highest percentage of goals from corners are actually scored by players attacking the middle rather than the posts.

Sounds like chris samba should be challenging for the golden boot :rolleyes:

Because if what you said was the case in FM, samba probably would be.

How many goals did blackurn score in total?

Exactly!

If you have good players who are suited to score from set pieces, and you tailor your tactics to support that approach, then you will score goals from corners and free kicks from the flanks. That's not exploiting the match engine, that's the match engine doing it's job.

When you have a player scoring 20+ goals from corners...then yes you are exploiting the ME.

Sounds like chris samba should be challenging for the golden boot :rolleyes:

Because if what you said was the case in FM, samba probably would be.

How many goals did blackurn score in total?

When you have a player scoring 20+ goals from corners...then yes you are exploiting the ME.

I agree that one player scoring all the goals and it being from the same set piece is a bit ridiculous, but you can't set multiple set piece routines on FM (a feature I have suggested for many years btw).

My argument is that the number of TEAM goals from corners is not abhorent.

P.s. no idea what Barcelona's total goals were, see post above this.

I find it humorous that people are complaining about this being an exploit when the AI teams do this to you as well! I see the AI teams against me aim for far post at least few times a game.

That's a very good point. In previous versions the AI never seemed to score against me from set pieces. This year however, their corners go to the far post, and so many goals come from AI crosses which are very difficult to prevent on this version.

I find it humorous that people are complaining about this being an exploit when the AI teams do this to you as well! I see the AI teams against me aim for far post at least few times a game.

Do they really? Have you seen any AI centre backs scoring 15+ goals a season all from corners. I think not.

They may play the same ball but for some reason it doesnt have the same effect.

I have striker on FM10 who in one season scored 70 in the prem and 99 in all comps, i should say NO goals from corners. Is that exploiting the match engine? Highly unrealisitc, yes, but thats the name of the game. No cheating involved but some might say that's exploiting the game as it's just a stupid number of goals.

This thread opens up the old debate which has been done to death over the years on these forums about exploiting the match engine vs scoring as many goals as you can against the AI..

I have striker on FM10 who in one season scored 70 in the prem and 99 in all comps, i should say NO goals from corners. Is that exploiting the match engine? Highly unrealisitc, yes, but thats the name of the game. No cheating involved but some might say that's exploiting the game as it's just a stupid number of goals.

This thread opens up the old debate which has been done to death over the years on these forums about exploiting the match engine vs scoring as many goals as you can against the AI..

Kudos on the awesome striker, I just had Yaya Sanogo do something similar, however with a few corners, but even without the corners he would have scored at least 50 goals.

You're not exploiting the match engine when you find an awesome tactic and an awesome set of players. You are in fact doing what all managers do irl; finding the best way to break through defences and win football matches.

You're not exploiting the match engine when you find an awesome tactic and an awesome set of players. You are in fact doing what all managers do irl; finding the best way to break through defences and win football matches.

In RL your "tactic" would only work for a short period of time before opposition managers took steps to nullify it whereas within FM the AI are incapable of making the same changes therefore you are exploiting a weakness.

In terms of corner tactics it is clearly an exploit and although the AI teams do also score goals this way they don't target the area in the same way you have chosen to do as is shown by the stats at the end of each season.

As for how many goals overall a team/player scores its also possible a weakness has been found in the ME and I would be concerned if one of my strikers scored 50 a season. A lot would depend though on how & when the goals were scored - the more variety the better.

As always should be said: Your game, play it your own way but don't expect people on the forum to take much notice of your posts as they'll be taken with a pinch of salt.

But I take it that they aim for the near post as well.

I didn't realize that it was a crime for the AI to aim for the back post....

Either way I have never seen an AI player score 15+ goals of off headers from corners.

But I take it that they aim for the near post as well.

I didn't realize that it was a crime for the AI to aim for the back post....

Either way I have never seen an AI player score 15+ goals of off headers from corners.

Have you wayched all of the AI's goals and tracked were they came from? :p

Archived