Competiton Rankings

What's your point? As far as I know, competition rankings are based on how teams from a specific competition perform on the international level. If a team from your country, for example, wins the Champions league regularly, your league will gradually improve its place in the competition ranking.

i would highly doubt that to be honest, England are only really seen as the best by English people. The EPL really isnt all its made out to be, quality wise, the standard of football for the most part is poor. Anyway the game does not take into consideration peoples opinions, only stats.

i would highly doubt that to be honest, England are only really seen as the best by English people. The EPL really isnt all its made out to be, quality wise, the standard of football for the most part is poor. Anyway the game does not take into consideration peoples opinions, only stats.

Really? The EPL standard is poor? Pretty sure only a few weeks ago Barcelona beat Almeria 0-8 away from home! Now THAT is a poor standard of football..

Really? The EPL standard is poor? Pretty sure only a few weeks ago Barcelona beat Almeria 0-8 away from home! Now THAT is a poor standard of football..

no thats a poor team, not a poor standard of football, big difference. Spain may not have the strongest league at the moment overall but they have by far the best two teams in the world right now.

My take on the quality of the Premiership compared to other leagues is that the average standard is higher in the Premiership than in Spain or Italy, the top teams in those leages play nicer football, however overall I would say that the EPL is the best because it is the most balanced. Are there any other leagues in Europe where with over half the season played there are still 11 teams in with a decent chance of qualifying for Europe?

There are not that many leagues near the size of the EPL, but if you look at most leagues there are plenty teams fighting for their respective euro places. Personally i say the German league is by far the best in Europe at the moment, although they havent had the European success their domestic league is very competitive and the quality of football on the whole is much better than the EPL. Spain probaly has the "best" football right now but not as many going for the top awards, but in terms of the quality of football it blows the EPL completely out of the water.

It sounds like i hate the EPL, but i dont, i just get frustrated when people say their teams are the best in the world, they are not, Man U and Arsenal are the only two who could possibly come under that bracket for me personally.

It is the Premier league that is generally seen as the top league, the best team in the world ARE BARCELONA. Of course league ratings can change depending on how your top teams are performing in Europe and the OP english teams must not be doing too well in Europe. Normally in My game, the English National team do well but the clubs tend to lose in either the QF or SF of the champions league but 3 seasons in still maintain the top league standing.

Archived