Fixtures - Pretty Annoyed

After getting Hull promoted to the Premiership in the 2016/17 season through the Play-offs during my first season in charge of them, I thought I had done a pretty good job taking them up, considering the slight financial problems they had and the sale of two key players just before I joined the team.

So que the day the fixture list comes out. I can't wait, it is something I have been waiting for during the whole off-season... And then it is released. My first three matches are Arsenal (H), Man Utd (A) and Chelsea (A).

I couldn't think of a better way to kick off my first season in the Premiership with this club, that literally only just got promoted via the play-offs... Wrong! I couldn't actually think of anything worse.. I have a sneaky feeling that I am going to get spanked in these three games, and with that morale will be low. Not a great way to start a season at all, especially in the Premiership.

I wouldn't mind if these three games were spread out over the season at all. But in every season I have played in the Premiership, I always seem to play the top three or four teams right next to each other.

The big question is can my team pick themselves up if they do get beat? I know that is down to me, but seriously, SI don't half make it hard sometimes.

I'm not usually one for complaining but I think this is something that needs looking in to.

In reality no team who has just been promoted would have its morale destroyed by playing the big 3 and losing at the start of the season.

In this game though it can bring down the morale of the team to really low levels, thus affecting your whole season, your board, your fans reaction, etc.

It's another design issue with the game, unfortunately.

I hope you are lucky.

It happens all the time on my saves and has done for as long as remember. Maybe not at the start of the season, but I can guarantee that I will at least play 2 of the top 4 back to back every season.

In my current Oldham save, my first season in the Prem I opened away to United. Had two easyish games at home then had Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs (a), then Man City, Liverpool (h) and then Everton (a).

In reality no team who has just been promoted would have its morale destroyed by playing the big 3 and losing at the start of the season.

Just not true. No team likes getting spanked. If he plays three admirable 2-1 losses, I'm sure he'll have no problem keeping spirits up, but any team that took three drubbings on the bounce would probably let their heads drop, regardless of the opposition.

Just not true. No team likes getting spanked. If he plays three admirable 2-1 losses, I'm sure he'll have no problem keeping spirits up, but any team that took three drubbings on the bounce would probably let their heads drop, regardless of the opposition.

One drubbing is enough to cause havoc in a team in this game. Which is unrealistic. A just promoted team losing to the "big 3" by 3 or 4 goals should be kind of expected. I am not saying players should be jumping for joy, I am just saying that they shouldn't have their morales destroyed.

It's a design issue that needs fixing. Hopefully in the 3rd patch.

Archived