Exceptional players not getting their game internationally

I've a winger & a centre half, difference nationalities (Argentina & Italy) but both have worldwide reputations.

My defender is down as the top player on the Italian overview but in fairness he did break through in the WC campaign. He's 21 and his list of individual and team honours is sensational tbh. He should have been getting cameos in the Euro campaign before that imo but I can let that one slide.

The winger I see has just made the 5 man shortlist for World Player of the Year but he can only get 20 minute cameos, at best, for Argentina and he is listed 5th on the Argentina overview screen as one of the countries top players. Angel di Maria is keeping him out of the team and tbh, I dont see why. My regen has been in better form for seasons on end whilst Di Maria rotted away at Madrid and he's not fairing much better at Napoli.

I know some international managers can have their favourites, I see it with Trappatoni for Ireland the whole time BUT can any manager get away, for long, without having a player that has made the 5 man shortlist for World Player of the Year?

I have to say bug, what do you think?

Archived