What does it mean when I promise a player that the club will grow?

What am I supposed to do in that case?? A player keeps getting unhappy and wants a new challenge, and I promised him that the club will grow. Now, he's staying. What do I do to make the club grow? I'm standing 1st in the league with 12 pts difference at the end of dec, and still in all the available competition. Am I supposed to splash some cash to buy some really high rep players?

Thanks,

This is where the game fails IMO. The player is probably looking at the rep of your club and not where you are in the league and how well you are playing. The AI tends to deal in hidden factos like rep. So regardless of league position and form or whatever, players will always want to go to higher rep clubs.

This is where the game fails IMO. The player is probably looking at the rep of your club and not where you are in the league and how well you are playing. The AI tends to deal in hidden factos like rep. So regardless of league position and form or whatever, players will always want to go to higher rep clubs.

Sadly, I'm the highest rep club IMO as R Madrid, winning the league every year and about 11/13 CL. The Liga BBVA has also become the highest league at the point, overtaking the EPL. And I'm also the richest club, that worth twice as much as the 2nd guy :-D

The only thing you can wait for when telling a player that you want him to be part of the club's growth is for him to stay half a season/a season more with you until you hear the same thing. Managed to keep Chygrynskiy and Srna at Shakhtar for a long time with this, but once a half year I had to assure them that I want them to be part of this club.

The real answer is that you can just keep telling them the same thing over and over again and they'll be happy to keep playing for you

Players never seem to really act all the way through with their stuff. I've never had to sell a player for wanting a new challenge, they're always happy staying if you talk them into it, especially if you're a very successful club.

Hopefully this will be addressed with more detailed conversation options in future editions. In your example you'd want to ask why he'd want to leave the best club in the world. Also, there should defo be more occasions where you simply can't talk a player down.

i had to sell 3 players because they told me they couldn't wait that long when i told them we'll grow. i held them off the first time one of them twice but eventually they want to leave no matter what. i was port vale and we were in the champions league for 2 years running and doing well. the season they all decided to leave we finished 3rd a few points behind first place. they wanted to leave my club for aston villa who were a mid table club yet considered to be a bigger club.

yeah i had this issue with stoke, i was in 2021, won the Prem 6x out of the last 7 years, numerous domestic cup wins and 1 Champions League win, 3rd richest club in Eurpope and sat top of the European Teams Coifficent, yet my players would constantly become unhappy and want to move to a 'bigger club.'

Saying that however, 99% of the time all i had to click was the 'want you to stay...help achieve' option and they would apologise and be fine for another 3 months before they would become unhappy again and the cycle would continue!

Archived