What the?

Right, so i'm 2-1 up against Tottenham at half time (playing as Reading at home in the prem). We had about 6 chances other than goals, a few sitters and some half chances, pretty upset we couldnt get a two goal cushion, but hey, ill take it.

So the second half starts, we still in good form, possesion is around 50/50 at the start, then my LB gets injured, switch him over for the left back sub (good experianced player).

10mins later. The ball is played through and is about 10 yards out of the penalty box, no Tottenham players near it, my defender is closest, so what he does is as followed...

1. Begins to sprint to the ball with the intention to clear it

2. Suddenly slows down to the pace of a snail (why?!?!?!?! 88% fitness and his accelaration n pace are 17/18)

3. He then waits for a tottenham player to run down the pitch and take the ball.

4. He then takes his legs out.

5. Recieves a red card.

6. Tottenham score 4.

7. Game over.

Now if it wasnt for FM's interface making my player do an absolutely ridiculous move, i recon i would have gone on to win/draw considering my first half/beggining of 2nd half form. BUT NO!

Its these moments that make FM ****. Im just so confused as to why that happened?!

Im just so confused as to why that happened?!

The ME calculated that the striker got to the ball first and your DL took him out receiving a red card.

The way the 3d graphics represented the incident is the issue as it looked out of sync however SI have improved this area over the last couple of versions and issues like this are much rarer than they used to be.

Well at the end of the day, whats on the screen, is what happens. In my mind anyway. I mean if it was a fair distance for both players and the striker got it i wouldnt be as upset, but for ****s sake, really?!

Depressing stuff, its obviously improved along with the graphics, but cut it out SI, i hate glitches that cost me games... in an annoying fashion

well the glitch didnt cause you to lose the game, your player was always going to get sent off for bringing that player down, and after that the game recalculated the result, its just the ME graphics didnt properly represent what happened in the situation.

it doesnt happen often tho, i think in the 7 seasons in my current game i have seen it once, and i didnt lose a goal or get a player sent off just a player running on the spot for a few seconds and i missed out on a goal scoring chance, you can stick it on for goals only, that way you dont have to sit through the rest of it.

Still, let down.

Gave me a chuckle anyway :)

I'm going to make no attempt to try and console you or make you feel better.

Sure, there are glitches in what the 3D represents and as others have said, utterly stupid ones seem to be getting rarer. I did have a similar sort of "event" to the one you described, which resulted in a red card and a penalty conceded. Fortunately though, my keeper saved the penalty and already 2-0 up, we went on to win 3-0.

Frustrating when these things are seen... sure they are. But so long as they remain pretty rare, then I can take the rough with the smooth. There's a lot I've gained by watching matches in the 3D match engine and how it represents what I do tactically.

The best thing anyone can do, to help towards ironing out glitches like these in the ME, is when they spot them, go to the bugs forum and upload a match PKM to the FTP and give notes on the issue along with the time during the match they happened.

had a similar situation where a defender decides to dally on the ball, loses out and then the striker gets 1 on 1 and misses, same thing happens in the next highlight except its a goal, sometimes its obvious the game has decided u are gonna concede and creates the opportunity for it to happen.

Archived