Watching games in FM

I noticed a lot of people saying they watch the games in FM. I have been playing FM for years and never really bothered to watch the games. It just seems so boring and frustrating, especially reading what some people say they see while watching the games, things like diabolical open goal misses and such. I just find you can get through a lot more games by just using the commentary option. It should not affect your tactics because you have the posession bar and statistics on view all the time. I just wanted to know if there are any specific reasons as to why you guys/gals choose to watch games and if you do, what type of speeds are you watching them with. What benefits, if any do you get by watching games. Im still waiting for this transfer window to close and the net patch to come out before attempting to play this latest installment (I am one of the people who hate it at the moment lol) but when the final patch is out I might have a look at playing it while also watching the matches if their is any etra reason to.

Well, why do you watch a football match?

As for tactical reasons if you aren't watching the match how do you know your tactics are working? how do you see weaknesses in the opposition? how do you get to know your players?

Are you comparing watching a football match to watching some stick figures running around a pitch on a 20 inch laptop screen? LMAO.

I know my tactics are working because I am winning games. I know the weakness in the opposition before the game and I get to know my players by seeing their ratings at the end of the game, getting scout reports etc.

i never used the 2d or 3d ME up till FM10 i always stayed on commentry but now i find it more fun actually seeing my striker scoring 30 yard goals rather than read them in txt and it really does help with tactics, saying that i didnt struggle when only using commentry, but now i see things and make changes to get more out of my players things i probably wouldnt have picked up on commentry only. Each to their own tho i can see why you still stay with commentry, the ME is not perfect and can do strange things and it can be frustrating watching your defense part like the red sea when your 1-0 up with 30 seconds to go, but i find it does enhance the whole game overall.

i never used the 2d or 3d ME up till FM10 i always stayed on commentry but now i find it more fun actually seeing my striker scoring 30 yard goals rather than read them in txt and it really does help with tactics, saying that i didnt struggle when only using commentry, but now i see things and make changes to get more out of my players things i probably wouldnt have picked up on commentry only. Each to their own tho i can see why you still stay with commentry, the ME is not perfect and can do strange things and it can be frustrating watching your defense part like the red sea when your 1-0 up with 30 seconds to go, but i find it does enhance the whole game overall.

Yeah, its that ME thing that is what is stopping me watching games. I couldn't bare seeing some of the things that some people have reported. I think I might stick to commentary only at least until watching the game really improves cause I really would like to enjoy that side of the game.

Well, I watch them. Key bits only.

Of course I could get the information from stats, and yes, 3d makes playing horribly slow.

But then again, it gives you (well, to me at least. I know what good pressing looks like on the pitch, I'm struggling to see it from numbers) much better picture how your team actually plays. What I know of football, I've learned by watching and playing. Through CM/FM I slowly learned to translate that visual image into numbers and vice versa, but I'm happy to forget that skill now.

Actually I started a thread in tactics/training section about "how/what to watch", but it seems that's not interesting topic (or most people don't watch matches).

Are you comparing watching a football match to watching some stick figures running around a pitch on a 20 inch laptop screen? LMAO.

Seemingly the question was too difficult for you.

Why do you watch a football match?

Why do you watch TV?

Why do play games?

Why do you read?

Why do you listen to music?

Personally I play FM for enjoyment and watching how the decisions you've made play out is a big part of that enjoyment.

Seemingly the question was too difficult for you.

Why do you watch a football match?

Why do you watch TV?

Why do play games?

Why do you read?

Why do you listen to music?

Personally I play FM for enjoyment and watching how the decisions you've made play out is a big part of that enjoyment.

Congratulations. You win the award for most pointless and nonsensical post of the year, well done.

I watch full games! and love the ME.

Takes me weeks to complete a season but I love the realism.

It can be a bit painful watching though as I'm currently playing in the BSN.

Just watched my unfit bunch of part-time, long ball donkeys scrape a 1-1 draw away to Hinckley on a rainy Tuesday November night.

Occasionally I will also watch full games of teams containing a possible free transfer target too!

It's how I roll.

If you watch the matches (particularly in 2D) you'll immediately see things you'd otherwise not see. For example, that the AI has set closing down high/low. Or that their full backs are bombing forward, leaving lots of space on the flanks.

This means you can immediately react tactically to what the AI is doing. This probably makes far less difference if you're playing as a good team - but if your team is limited, then you can squeeze that extra bit of performance out of the players. I tend to find myself watching less and less of matches the better my team is.

Of course, if your aim is just to get through as many games as possible, you probably don't care too much about the tactical side of things.

I noticed a lot of people saying they watch the games in FM. I have been playing FM for years and never really bothered to watch the games. It just seems so boring and frustrating, especially reading what some people say they see while watching the games, things like diabolical open goal misses and such. I just find you can get through a lot more games by just using the commentary option. It should not affect your tactics because you have the posession bar and statistics on view all the time. I just wanted to know if there are any specific reasons as to why you guys/gals choose to watch games and if you do, what type of speeds are you watching them with. What benefits, if any do you get by watching games. Im still waiting for this transfer window to close and the net patch to come out before attempting to play this latest installment (I am one of the people who hate it at the moment lol) but when the final patch is out I might have a look at playing it while also watching the matches if their is any etra reason to.

I enjoy watching the ME- flaws and all

I just wonder why you made this thread though- If you like playing the game the way you are then who here has the right to tell you any different?

I enjoy watching the ME- flaws and all

I just wonder why you made this thread though- If you like playing the game the way you are then who here has the right to tell you any different?

I just wanted to know if I am signifigantly missing out on something that I didn't think of. The answer to that is no, thanks everyone for your replies. /thread

I used to play just commentary only on the fastest speed.

Now I watch key highlights at a realistic speed.

I have to say the game is a hell of a lot easier when you get to see what is going on.

I think it's much easier to see where your team is doing things wrong/right or not doing things as you expect.

I just wanted to know if I am signifigantly missing out on something that I didn't think of. The answer to that is no, thanks everyone for your replies. /thread

Yeah there are a few reasons to watch- the main one being that you notice flaws in your tactics but tbh you dont need to be that good to be successfull.

However if you join up to FML you do need to be that good. I have improved a lot since and am quite adept tacticaly but I am still not in the top 100 teams in the GW out of 750.

Archived