Search engine broken?

Would appreciate a little help here...

Basically, I've just accidentally discovered that my search engine is broken. For instance when I choose to filter out all of the players in Turkish league 1, I get out 84 players, which might be a little bit impossible, situation gets even worse when I try to filter out only RB in the same league, which I get 8 altogether.This happens in every league, not just Turkish of course.

I think that it has something to do with the IMPORT button in the upper right corner of the filter window, where I have a few different options to chose from. I presume this, because when I decided to click on one of those options, the Filter didn't respond to what I was trying to filter out anymore ,but just showed every player in the game, so it obviously affects the searching.

Is there anything I can do to make this right again?

Thanks,

Alex

No man, I have all of the options unticked, I've cleared the engined many times, it finds altogether around 34000 players, but when I go and search by division it just doesn't search right.

It also says "WELL KNOWN PLAYERS IN YOUR REGION - 85" at the top and I can't remember if that's what it always said, or is this the thing that's bugging me. Have no clue how to turn it on/off either..

No man, I have all of the options unticked, I've cleared the engined many times, it finds altogether around 34000 players, but when I go and search by division it just doesn't search right.

It also says "WELL KNOWN PLAYERS IN YOUR REGION - 85" at the top and I can't remember if that's what it always said, or is this the thing that's bugging me. Have no clue how to turn it on/off either..

As dfgrigg said, it shows you the well known players in that area.

I believe that if you improve the standard of your teams scouting then you get more players showing up in the search.

I always thought I shows you every single player in the database, but some just have with hidden stats?

Is it possible, that even within the playable high-profile division, that you only get so see the players your scouts have knowledge of?

I always had the impression that it would still find all the players in the Prem, for instance, just with no viewable stats for certain players, cause your scouts haven't got the sufficient knowledge about the league?

I always thought I shows you every single player in the database, but some just have with hidden stats?

Is it possible, that even within the playable high-profile division, that you only get so see the players your scouts have knowledge of?

I always had the impression that it would still find all the players in the Prem, for instance, just with no viewable stats for certain players, cause your scouts haven't got the sufficient knowledge about the league?

It's not exactly down to your scouts. All players in your current league and probably the league below would show up because you - as a manager in the division - would be aware of them just from everyday work in your job. As you say, you might not see all their attributes though.

Similarly, the biggest names in world football will show up, even if they play in a different division, because any football manager would be expected to know of them. Many players with lots of national team caps will show up too, for the same reason. But a youth player at Kano Pillars in Nigeria, for example, probably won't appear, because unless you scouted him it's very unlikely you'd have any idea he even existed.

I expect it's calculated based on player reputation, but I don't know for sure.

Archived