Crossing.

Is it just me or is crossing worthless in the game? I've got heaps of players that can cross a good ball, yet have only ever seen about 2 goals from crosses in my current save (5yrs +), and the same for my older save game (4yrs)...

I just see crosses straight to the defenders, too long, blocked etc.

Anyone else? I've tried both drill/float/mixed crossing...

No point in crossing if you've nobody good with headers! Or ball control! Agility! Etc.

I'm more of a through ball man though. I prefer fast strikers and I through ball from deep (on the pitch too :p)

If you're going to cross from deep you're going to have get the midfielders to run from deep too, the more in the box (well enough said)

I had same problem as you until i gave up using strong and box strikers and instead chosed to use fast and agile strikers.Some of the reasons for this is that the Me is build for fast strikers because they swap very offen their position with the wingers and because the fast strikers are much more dangerous in general in the ME,they can unbalance a solid defense with ease and fast strikers are more difficult to be marked than strong strikers. ATM im using a 442 with wingers(ML,MR-not necessarily fast but instead more technical) and 2 fast strikers(the sum of acceleration pace+acceleration+agility at least let say 42 the more the better) in front and im scoring lots of goals from crosses and im playing as Blackpool worse team in EPL..

Archived