What is your most dominant performance?

In my current save i have a Rangers side who are Champions League contenders as i have alot of great players, the SPL is getting kinda boring though as I am the only team who wants to improve Celtic are nearly the same squad as they had when i started my save and are kinda crap. lol

But this is my best ever result in the League,

rangersvdundeeutdstatsm.png

What is your best result in a competitive match?

Any match when it's snowing. :)

My worst result in the snow was a 4-0 victory.

I play through the middle, rather than on the more frozen wider areas of the pitch. My team play narrower and keep passing short and simple. Instructing players to shoot on sight is also quite useful, on a slippery pitch surface.

Interestingly, opponents haven't played in a similar way, considering the conditions, therefore they're on the receiving end of a good, old fashioned pumping. ;)

Mojby, theres a thread in the challenge section titled the Danny Roberts challenge (by Nepenthez) if you go back through its history to the FM09 version you will see the very copious amounts of detail I put into that save to meet the challenge of having a player score over 1,000 goals in his career. The team assembled during that season hit the sweet spot and was the total culmination of 10 years success in the premiership and europe with a team assembled on a transfer budget of around £200m per season to really crank up the performance of the team on the whole. There is an awful lot of screenshots, requested to sate the need for proof from other players there so you are free to delve into it and view it for yourself.

There have been some posters (2 I believe so far) to manage 3,000 goals from a striker in their career, and another poster called Pventress who has managed around 2,000 like I did with Keirrison in the premiership. The challenge goes back to the FM05 or 06 version of the game though.

Also, despite some of the scores you can see there, I'm not even holding the mantle of the best ever team on my game. Real Madrid scored so many goals one year they broke the game goal counter and it froze at 256 for the goals they scored in the league, the screenshot there is from my only season with over 200 goals scored in a premiership season.

santy001 - fair enough. If the explanation above was attached with the screenshot then I would not have said anything.

Did you increase your budget (FMRTE) or was it the board that gave this to you naturally?

10-0 (and 7-0 in the other game) in the Spanish 2nd Div against a woeful Lugo side that only managed 3 points and a goal difference of -165 all year, and that with my Cordoba side being very midtable that year.

My merchandising comes in at around £100m a year and general income is very high but I do have a Tycoon owner. He bought the club after it was already successful and profitable though, he hasn't really invested money (besides footing £700m for a new stadium) but he doesn't withdraw it either, think it was around 2019 he took the club over so by that year I was into my 3rd season of spending £200m and it all fell together. I think this is from the era of when staff regens were limited to a CA of 130 or something though, because Rafa Benitez was the only non-regen manager in Spain when he destroyed the Spanish league, and I'm one of a few non-regen managers in the premiership. Sides like Watford who have average managers who aren't regens are in the top 4, meanwhilst the likes of Man City, Arsenal etc all fall by the wayside with their high profile regen managers. It makes it incredibly easy unfortunately in the long term.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived