the shortlist that won't die

Sorry if this has already come up (I tried a search but found nothing) ...

I get a message from my personal assistant every morning (in the game) that the same 10 players have been removed from my shortlist. It happens every day! Even though I never put the players on the shortist. I've tried clearing it and deleting the saved shortlist, but I keep getting the messages.

The weirdest part is that the players don't even show up on the shortlist! And everytime I use the remove from shortlist action nothing happens and I can do it a million times but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried moving them to another shortlist, but they apparently still remain on the original shortlist (even though they don't show up on the list).

Basically it gets really annoying to have the same messages every morning, clogging up my inbox, a bit like spam, but with no option to block sender. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks. Finn.

Sorry if this has already come up (I tried a search but found nothing) ...

I get a message from my personal assistant every morning (in the game) that the same 10 players have been removed from my shortlist. It happens every day! Even though I never put the players on the shortist. I've tried clearing it and deleting the saved shortlist, but I keep getting the messages.

The weirdest part is that the players don't even show up on the shortlist! And everytime I use the remove from shortlist action nothing happens and I can do it a million times but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried moving them to another shortlist, but they apparently still remain on the original shortlist (even though they don't show up on the list).

Basically it gets really annoying to have the same messages every morning, clogging up my inbox, a bit like spam, but with no option to block sender. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks. Finn.

Thanks, I tried that, but the game already thinks that they are there, even though they don't show up! So that doesn't work ...

I was wondering if I can completely purge all the lists? To explain, from the shortlists button in the bottom right corner you have the possibility to review all your shortlists (kind of like a recent documents list) and this includes old shortlists that I have cleared ... is there any way to remove these? Perhaps that will also remove my problem, if the game thinks the lists no longer exist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by finn:

Thanks, I tried that, but the game already thinks that they are there, even though they don't show up! So that doesn't work ...

I was wondering if I can completely purge all the lists? To explain, from the shortlists button in the bottom right corner you have the possibility to review all your shortlists (kind of like a recent documents list) and this includes old shortlists that I have cleared ... is there any way to remove these? Perhaps that will also remove my problem, if the game thinks the lists no longer exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to edit/delete shortlist. You can remove them completely.

I don't know if it will work with the default shortlist, though.

A silly question, but just to be sure: did you check if a filter is on? That could be why they're not showing...

try going into your documents folder, and deleting the saved shotlists from there. they get saved in mydocuments -> sports interactive -> FM2008 -> shortlists. maybe that'll solve it

You think that's bad. I keep getting scouting reports of potential players that could play for Italy. Despite the fact i havnt manged the Italian national side for 3 years!

thank you all!

i hadn't found the delete button in the edit shortlist folder ... i know it might be niave, but it didn't occur that edit could lead to delete.

anyway, problem solved.

Archived