Anyone managing in Scandanavia?

I just took over Konsvinga in the Norwegian premier division, have to save them from relegation. This is so much fun, can't believe i never considered managing in the lesser leagues before. I might even go down a few levels to iceland or finland, in the real depths.

Anyone else managing in Scandanavia? :thup:

I am in Finland with FC Santa Claus, they are unplayable when the game starts so you need to holiday a season until 5/01/11 and then save and reload until they come up. Its great fun, im 10 seasons in and just starting to climb the Premier Division table, how is your save going?

Well, i joined them 15 games in, because when i started the save i chose england as the starting point as i was going to manage in the BSS. Anyway we are 6 points deep in the relegation zone. I loaded all leagues i scandanavia, all in England and i think Austria too.

The player morale is all very low, i have only 9 1st team players available due to horrificly long injuries to my best players, and i cannot register any new signing for a month. So not too good ;)

Just lost my first game 2-0, and have Viking up next. Gonna get punished big time :cool:

FC Santa Claus, i will look out for them next year

Yeah man, Scandinavia is fun to manage. Took a freshly promoted norwegian team Gjovik from div2 to top of div1 in 5 seasons. Maybe promotion this season? I always enjoy starting off with the lowest team possible, and work your way up. Much more fun than winning the champ league over and over again.

Gundos challenge? I'll look for that.

Yeah, this is a really tough team. I'm trying to figure out a way of keeping them up. new signings will help, but the club was over their wage budget when i joined. They also had not scored a goal in about 8 matches. I did consider starting at the very bottom of division 2, but i liked the idea of saving a club from relegation.

anyway, my best players all have 6 month injuries, would you suggest i let them go on free transfers to free up the wage bill? Might be too pricey though.

Now i'm down to 7 players, plus the abominable youth team of course!

I've had a Rosenborg save in every edition of FM (and even in CM97/98, courtesy of Mind Compression's Savegame Editor... No league of course, but lots of Champions Leagues...)

Then I had some interesting saves starting with smaller clubs; I took Byåsen from Second Division to Tippeligaen in only 3 seasons in FM08, but then the wrong implementation of the HG-players rules more or less killed my save.

I give it another try with Nardo in FM10, but the save got corrupted (damn BSoD!) just before the start of my 4th season, newly promoted to Tippeligaen.

I also had a short spell at Keflavík (reaching Europa League's 3rd Qualifying Round and barely losing) while managing the Faroese national team with moderate success (ie. winning once a year and not getting steamrolled every single time).

Currently in my journeyman save I left Jubilo Iwata to join struggling Aalesund and guided them to a historical 3rd place. Preparing for the upcoming season with quality signings (all for free, thanks to AI's moronic transfer policy), a title might be on the cards..

P.S. I just love playing Scandinavian leagues, first and foremost because they are usually shorter than the Big Ones [the best part of the season is the off-season to me... I'm an impatient guy and I can't really bring myself to care about a 60-games season :D]

lower leagues in sweden are a real challenge! really recomend to play this! in CM 99/00 I played with my hometown Ystad in div 2 south, with almost only greyed out players and after twenty years something I won CL with them. My best save ever, They're not playable anymore since they dropped out though. Have always played Scandinavia since I'm from Sweden, this is the best saves along with my Dutch saves. Play Malmö in first division currently because I've got a little lazy ;) Still challenging though to conquer Europe...! Got some tips for players if interested.

Managing Varde in Denmark right now. 2nd division amateur squad, got promoted all the way up to "Superligaen", had a few nice runs in Euro Cup too. Took me 20 years.. But the squad is crashing right now, can't perform in domestic games..

Both at the end of FM10 and during this game been at AIK and have developed a fondness for both the club and country. Just started a league just with all Swedish leagues in order to experience it more. Also had good experiences in a couple of games in Norway, first with a tiny club called Namsos on 05, with 4th places in both seasons I was there in the 2nd Division, considered the most amazing achievement and a very fondly remembered job even after this time, plus Fredrikstad on the last game bringing them plenty of domestic success.

I have had several Scandinavian through the years.

Bryne and Viking is my local teams so that is kinda obvious I have played them. Taken Bryne from 1. Division to champions league. Viking, not played that much but have won the league with them.

Have also played Tromsø in a game a few years back. Won the league and champions league (no cheats whatsoever). Got really lucky with some newgens and lucky draw untill the semi final where I played Man Utd. lost 3-0 at home, and though "this is ****ing impossible" and played several of my youth talents (17 year olds and stuff) and was 3-0 up at halftime, won the game 5-2 at OT, with a 17 year old scoring 3 or was it 4 goals in his debut :)

anyway, I like playing there, and are going to start playing Viking when the 3rd patch comes out, going to get the league reputation up alot so I can sign big names:P going to be a looooooooooong game :p

I always head to Norway for my first save of each edition of FM. It is a great place to manage and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, I've enjoyed spells in Denmark and Sweden in the past too.

I'm 9 seasons in with IFK Goteborg, I acquired a Swedish girlfriend about 2 years ago so I've been getting into the allsvenskan a bit, even went to a IFK match against Djurgarden last April. The allsvenskan is now a 3 star reputation league (starts at a low 2.5 stars) and I qualify for the group stages of the CL every season more or less, I usually drop into the Europe league, I've made the QF a few times.

Starting to attract much higher clabre players from Brazil and Croatia and it's alot of fun trying to get the nations coefficient up, I managed to get to 15th for a few seasons which meant 2 CL spots however I'm at a bit of a stand still now as the other Swedish teams usually get knocked out of the qualifying rounds pretty early so there's only so many coefficient points i can get!

Archived