Football Manager Myth Buster Thread

There are a lot of things in Football Manager that we know very little about so the best we can do is just assume how certain things within the game work.

Hopefully in this thread someone from SI will answer our question, or someone from the community who knows how things work. If you dont know for sure the answer to the myth/question please dont respond. I will start with two examples and hopefully someone will answer.

The Subject: Creative Freedom

Myth 1: It's a modifier on flair. That means that two identical players in every way but their flair will behave the same in the ME if the 1 player has 20 flair but 1 creative freedom and the second has 1 flair and 20 creative freedom

Myth 2: How much the players have freedom to break from the tactical plan and disobey your instructions.

Myth 3: How much the players have freedom to try the unexpected and flamboyant opposed to the simple solution

The Subject: Free roles

Myth 1: With the free role ticked the player will not have a definite position on the field and will roam around wherever he likes

Myth 2: With the free role ticked the player will have a definite position but will try to exploit any free space he has. If the player dosent have free space on his part of the field he will behave like all other players.

Now raise your myts or answer if you know the answer

Myth: Poking on the opponent's GK with my mouse pointer when my team is taking a penalty or poking on the opponent's PK taker will distract them.

Statistically, it works about 63.37%.

THIS:thup:

MYTH: Actually wearing a suit when your team is in any cup final, will boost your chances of victory.

MYTH: Actually wearing a suit when your team is in any cup final, will boost your chances of victory.

Guess I'm not the only one that wears "team" colours :p

MYTH: threathening (mobster style) your fellow human players in a local network game when they are trying to buy your favorite player

Myth: Poking on the opponent's GK with my mouse pointer when my team is taking a penalty or poking on the opponent's PK taker will distract them.

Statistically, it works about 63.37%.

Haha! Do you really do that? Thats hilarious. :D

Myth: After having 40 shots on goal and missing all of them, the oposition will score with their one and only shot on goal (it will also be that players first goal of the season).

You forgot to mention that your keeper's clean sheet streak will end.

Subject - Camera Views

Myth 1 - With the TV view I always score more goals when attacking the left goal.

Myth 2 - In the TV view if attacking the left goal in the second half I will always win.

Not all the time but I do seem to prefer attacking the goal to the left.

Also when someone is on a goal drought they will end it by scoring passed you..FACT!!

Yes! They will score on their debut against me! They will score their first league goal of the season against me! They will score their first goal ever for their club! And so on!

Archived