B side

Hey, I am still playing on FM09 and have come across a stumbling block. I have worked my way up to managing Real Madrid, and now find myself at a loss with my B side. Not because, as is the usual complaint, I don't like the system, but rather because it has a really stupid manager. 'Castilla' - Madrid B - is currently in 32m debt, which while not pleasant is fine, and I can live with that.

What I can't understand is that with a wage budget of 4k - I used Genie scout - he is offering out contracts in the range of 5-35k p/w which is only crippling the B side further.

Now, while most of you might suggest to let it be as it has no direct bearing on my management, I want this side to do well. But more importantly I want to send some youngsters there for game time, and not have them come back with 34 grand a week contracts. I would leave them in my U19 side, but there is little competition there as they easily romp all their opponents, and I have some youngsters who have great potential but aren't even getting time in the U19 side.

Is there anyway to curb the B sides manager's overspending?

Spanish B teams are broken in many ways, that's a well known fact. This also includes budget problems. I don't think there's much you can do about this.

I doubt this will help you but maybe you'll find something useful here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230010-Spain-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues (B team problems have been discussed there).

You should also change your team settings and make sure you are responsible for B (or C) team transfers.

Archived