Neymar

Bought him 5 months ago for newcastle for 23M, playing him upfront on his own as a poacher and he gets loads of chances but misses them all. atm hes scored about 3 in 14 league games . Is he known to be bad through the first few months after moving clubs or am i playing him the wrong way?

Neymar has never struck me as the type of player who can play on his own up front.

Is he under pressure from 1 or 2 defenders when he gets the chances? He's got great dribbling skills so I'm thinking that if he's up front on his own, he's perhaps having to beat a player before getting the opportunity, meaning that he's under a bit more pressure than if he was receiving knock-downs from a target man. That's just me speculating though. I think Poacher is the right setting for him however.

Hes' more of a supporting player. Played behind the main striker or in tandem with them in a supporting role.

Personally I play him attacking left wing role as an inside forward. Goals everywhere.

kk cheers.. might have andy carroll upfront as a target man then and try neymar on the left

Check his preferred moves, can't remember which ones he has set right now.

perhaps train him to place his shots? or if he has "curls ball" or "shoots with power" untrain them.

Put him on Composure focused training for a few months perhaps too.

Check his preferred moves, can't remember which ones he has set right now.

perhaps train him to place his shots? or if he has "curls ball" or "shoots with power" untrain them.

Put him on Composure focused training for a few months perhaps too.

I know they are different kind of players, but Babacar had this on his PPM and he kept missing chances. After he untrained it, he's won the golden boot twice in 3 years.

Of course it's a different situation but I think it may be the way your team plays. Or maybe if you try setting your team to pass the ball to his feet.

I brought Neymar to Championship Bristol City in FM2010, gutted that I can't get him early on in this game, has anyone found a similar player that would go to the championship?

I played him as a poacher with a big lad to head balls down to him, was class.

it was last year's game, i'd never heard of him but did some manual scouting and put in an offer, it was something like 5 mill and 15 mill after 40 games. only managed to get him on one save but he was quality. didn't realise he was famous until this year's game and everyone is talking about him!

i got a russian striker as well once we were in the premiership, artem milevsky (sic) those two together were amazing.

In my Southampton game, I signed him for Bayern, my 3rd team, (I am in like 2018 I guess) and he is really terrible each and every role. I play him Inside forward in Amc, Trequartista sometimes, and upfront when one of my strikers are not available. He dribbles inside very nicely and puts the ball into orbit. It is funny to watch him to create a really good chance and blow it most of the time. About my tactics, I have a crazy scoring Brazilian and Argentinian regen in my upfront. They are not like Neymar for sure :)

I know they are different kind of players, but Babacar had this on his PPM and he kept missing chances. After he untrained it, he's won the golden boot twice in 3 years.

Of course it's a different situation but I think it may be the way your team plays. Or maybe if you try setting your team to pass the ball to his feet.

Fair point, I've never had Babacar unfortunately but as you say, different PPM's suit different types of players. I've only had Neymar once and I think it could be his ability to handle pressure is the problem (didn't check the editor, so I'm just guessing really). Never scored for me up front so played him wide left. He was consistently terrible in big games but great against the small teams. I always had him on focused composure and place shots training and he scored quite a few Henry style curlers cutting inside once he had learned the PPM

I signed Neymar for £18 million. In his first season he scored 6, 12 in the 2nd season and in his most recent season he scored 27 goals. I had played him as a poacher running on to through balls but halfway through the second season I changed him to an attacking forward with a complete striker (Lukaku) playing alongside and an AM (Henrique) playin in behind. I did not change any of his skills.

Another user comments on placing shots. Although I have not done this with Neymar I did it for Lukaku asking him to 'hit shots with power' - his goal ratio has gone through the roof so I would agree this works if you pick the right one for the players attributes.

I am now in my 4th season and because of an overflow of strikers I have changed my formation to accommodate . I now play 4-3-3 with two Inside forwards pushed up as high as the striker. I play Neymar on the left front of this 3 pronged attack asking him to cut inside. I am also retraining him as an AML to try and get him bumped from accomplished to natural. With his pace and flair he is ripping up the league with goals and assists - I play Hazard on the opposite side and he is almost as good.

Neymar strikes me as more of an inside forward than an out an out striker.

I would train him as AML (To become Natural) with "Cuts Inside" PPM and play him in the AML positon, Inside Forward duty.

Focus training on composure and intensify his trainign schedule. Make sure he is give high-ish shooting and tactics. His aerobics and ball skills are fine and shouldnt need to be "High" in training, "Medium" will do.

If he is missing lots of chances, this means chances are being created for him. Therefore it cannot be a tactical problem, it must be an individual player problem.

I bought neymar for my ajax team in season 2013-14,yh he seemed to take time to adjust for me and also my mate who plays fm and bought him for his side. Anywho played as advanced forward he became a legend, finished with 311 goals in 515 apps.

Archived