Playable National teams?

I've had a quick look at the forums but cant find any relating to this so apologies if there is already a thread.

What are all the playable national teams available in FM11 are smaller nations such as Liechtenstein and San Marino possible, and if so what leagues need to be loaded, or is it just the big nations and those with leagues available?

many thanks in advance

It's depending on:

- Playable nations (already in-game or added via the editor)

- Database size

- Retaining players of a nation

Rule: you need a certain number of players of a nationality for a nation to become playable, all things above influence that number.

Any national team can be managed if there are enough players of that nationality in the game database. I'm not sure exactly what the threshold is, but one solution is to load all current international players from every continent when starting a new game. I don't think that enables management of every national team, but it should make most of them available. I tend to do this for all my games - even if I'm not planning to manage a country - because it gives you a pretty balanced database.

If there's a particular team you want to manage, you could also just load all players of that nationality when starting a game.

Edit: or basically what Giziar said above me!

Archived