When will the clubs come in to get me

I am with Ajax on playing a journeyman game. I am half way through my second season sitting top of the league 3 points clear and have won the super cup and Euro Super cup this season. I am also still in the European Champions cup and Dutch Cup. In my first season in charge I won the league, the Super Cup, the Euro Cup and the Dutch Cup. I failed in my first season to progress past the league states in the Champions cup, which did not impress my board.

I wish to end up managing a Premiership team like Villa or Everton but as yet nobody has come in for me, not even a lower league English team. In peoples experience how long will I have to wait if I keep having this type of success over in Holland before another club comes knocking?

These things take time mate. There is a big difference in reputations from Holland to England. So whilst you may be doing great or performing to your expectations in Holland, you aren't over-achieving. As well as that clubs in England may need a bit more persuading to hire you because as of yet you're not proven in England. You may have to aim lower if you ultimately would like to manage in the Premiership. Maybe look at managing in the Championship first. That's how I see it anyway :thup:.

I wish to end up managing a Premiership team like Villa or Everton but as yet nobody has come in for me, not even a lower league English team. In peoples experience how long will I have to wait if I keep having this type of success over in Holland before another club comes knocking?

Have you applied for jobs?

Usually lower league English teams wouldn't approach the manager of Ajax without him registering interest first.

Have you applied for jobs?

Usually lower league English teams wouldn't approach the manager of Ajax without him registering interest first.

No I havent as yet. I wish to move on after this season and hopefully another league title and more cup wins. I am going on the fact that despite my success early this season and last season I have not been linked to one job. Next season I will try to link myself like you said. I thought with the success I have had in the first season clubs would have been knocking the door down but obviously not

What did you select as your starting reputation?

To be honest, you've only had one full season of management. No matter how successful you've been, I think it's unlikely that many clubs will be looking at you just yet. Give it at least another year.

Archived