How do you make your league accept reserve teams in it?

For example Man Utd reserves in League Two, or Hearts reserves in the lower leagues. I can't find the setting I need to change. It does not seem to count a reserve team in the division when loading the game.

I think you'd have to add a country's nation rules to tick that option ('allow reserve teams'). Unfortunately when you add nation rules, many existing things (like red card rules, league sorting rules, and TV money...) will be lost. Correct my if I'm wrong.

Your best bet is to take a pre-existing club and set it to be your B-team.

Good idea but as the the EPL doesn't allow reserve teams, your reserve team (or B-team) simply might get kicked out of the league system after the first season. At least it won't be possible to get promoted because it is a reserve team and the higher division will have the rule 'no reserve teams allowed'.

EDIT: Maybe you can get a custom database for England (or whatever country you want to play in), where the nation rules are already set and you only need to untick the 'no reserve teams allowed' and add your reserve team to a league.

Archived