Still some way to go on contract negotiations.

I haven't played a great deal of FM2011 but I'm currently in a game with Wigan. I've eyed up a player who could really improve us but I know would cost a bit.

I get a bid accepted and eventually get to talk to the player. I get him down from 140k p/w to wanting 88k. I can only offer 87k. Not to worry, I'll give him extra money for making appearances. I do that and happily accepts the extra, problem is he is still demanding 88k which I simply can't give him.

I wasn't going to buy him but I just thought I'd try out if the bonuses are really being taken into account. I add on a 50% yearly wage rise, 875k bonus for scoring just 5 league goals. I up his appearance fee to 87k and his goal bonus to the same. I also offer him 875k for being in the Team of the Year for good measure.

Once again, he'll accept the rest but he still wants the extra grand every week.

It really does spoil what is otherwise a really good system.

Absolutely agree. You can offer player contracts that amount to 10x what they are asking for (eg 10K a week + wage rise + 20K a game + lots of other stuff) but if you dont hit their minimum wage OR their minimum release fee, they wont even look at you.

Absolutely agree. You can offer player contracts that amount to 10x what they are asking for (eg 10K a week + wage rise + 20K a game + lots of other stuff) but if you dont hit their minimum wage OR their minimum release fee, they wont even look at you.

It's probably because they know how fond of game ruining exploits the FM community are. For example with the limitless spending on a buy-now-pay-over 48 months and now this. If they let players accept clauses in replacement for salary, there would be players getting paid nothing. For example all of you would sign youth and reserve players on £0 per week and £25,000 appearance fee and then not play them.

I have found though that if you are very close, just bumping the agent fee up a little works wonders.

For example all of you would sign youth and reserve players on £0 per week and £25,000 appearance fee and then not play them.

HAHA

Well yes, lots of people here do qualify under 'dirty little expoliters' tags...

However there must be some way around this. Currently no player will accept a 'pay as you play' deal, which do exist in real life.

Perhaps there needs to be a restriction on a minimum wage for players of a certain ability, linked to PA? But that minimum cant be £87K....

Archived