Unsuccessful Crossing - Getting annoyed....

Im playing in the Championship, with 2 premiership quality wingers and tall striker. However, my wingers can never seem to manage to beat the opposition full back with thier crossing.

9/10 times it will deflect for a corner. Ive noticed it in every division, no matter what crossing or technique rating the players have, they can never successfully cross the ball.

Like most wingers, they have run to the byline for crossing, but even when turned off I get the same results.

Does anyone else have this problem??

After a long time today was the first save i did in which i was pleased by the number and quality of crosses and the headers scored. I am playing with Boca Juniors.

ST

AML AM AMR

DM DM

DL DC DC DR

GK

That didn't come out the way i drew it :))

For a tactic with good crossers, use float crosses; for bad crossers use drill crosses. Float crosses allow the wingers and full backs to use their technique more in the cross. It works for me. Adds to this that the opposite winger catches the crosses often as well.

Not enough headed goals from open play, yet again on a FM. I don't think it's a tactics problem, because in over 400 hours of play I don't remember the AI even scoring a header from open play against any of my teams. I usually play as Arsenal too, so it's not like my CB's are monsters in the air. I understand that it's really hard to balance, but it's so frustrating not being able to get the best out of forwards like Chamakh, Carroll, Dzeko, sure you can still get them to score and do well, but you will struggle to get them scoring headers.

Archived