What's the point of negotiations?

If you haggle over a contract with an agent, then it's agreed upon, only for you to wait two weeks for them to say, no thanks it's a crap offer. Bear in mind no other clubs are interested in these players so they haven't had better offers, or there not trying to hold out for a better offer from your club because other clubs are interested.

What's the point in going through all those annoying contract negotiations with irritating agents, getting the contracts down to the minimum they will go if this is just going to happen?

This has to be the most frustratingly annoying feature to date in all the FM/CM series. For me, anyway.

That's how it is in real life. The agent agrees the contract with you, goes off and offers it to the player. The player says "nope" and the agent says "rejected!"

It's a bit annoying, but they were trying to make it truer to life. Not all players sign on the dotted line at the first round of negotiations, even when both parties go off happy the player can change their mind for whatever reason.

Bit frustrating when it happens to 3 players, 2 weeks before the season bloody kicks off. Extremely irritating. Guess I'll need back up plans in the future.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a slag off player feature? I'd give them both barrels. Better still, a slag off player and agent option! :thup:

Bit frustrating when it happens to 3 players, 2 weeks before the season bloody kicks off. Extremely irritating. Guess I'll need back up plans in the future.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a slag off player feature? I'd give them both barrels. Better still, a slag off player and agent option! :thup:

The Ian Holloway button would be handy

I don't know what level you're managing at, but I'm finding I can consistently negotiate lower wages, fees and add-ons with players and their agents in the English League 1.

I'm managing Liverpool.

I've noticed that no matter who I manage, if I haggle with agents for a while and get them down to the lowest they will go, if the contract hasn't been signed within a week, it's not going to get signed. I will definitely be compensating for this in the future by withdrawing the offer and renegotiating the contract.

It is agents job to be irritating unfortunately. It is as it is IRL IMO. Evene there is no other clubs offering contract to a player; it is the agents job to get most out of club which is intrested in his player. That doesn't annoy me, but I contract negotiations with your former players annoys me. As I wrote in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/251705-Is-There-a-way-to-decrease-player-s-salary

In summary if the agents can find better deals for the players; I can't say anything about it. However they don't settle the money you are offering to their players, and sign lower deals with lower rep clubs. Sometimes their players sits for free-agents or retire after not accepting a deal from human managers. And they don't come back to knoc your door. This is crapy and unrealistic. I mean a player won't sit free agent when there is an offer from his former club.

Archived