(FMHI) Retrain players

I have a question about how i retrain a players position.

I have try many players to give the instruction to learn a new position. But till so far it never happened the player get any better on that position.

I think i do something wrong but i don't know what.

Is it necessary that a player plays on the position that he will try to learn?

Hope somebody can help me with this :)

Cheers,

Jim

• SI Staff
I have a question about how i retrain a players position.

I have try many players to give the instruction to learn a new position. But till so far it never happened the player get any better on that position.

I think i do something wrong but i don't know what.

Is it necessary that a player plays on the position that he will try to learn?

Hope somebody can help me with this :)

Cheers,

Jim

How long have you waited to see if they'll pick up the position? - it can take quite a while, especially if its a position they don't have a natural aptitude for.

How long have you waited to see if they'll pick up the position? - it can take quite a while, especially if its a position they don't have a natural aptitude for.

With the most players i have wait 7 a 8 months.

But i don't have always let them play on the position i want them to learn, maybe is that the issue?

I understand it take a while before they will play very well on the new position. But the current ability never change.

• SI Staff
With the most players i have wait 7 a 8 months.

But i don't have always let them play on the position i want them to learn, maybe is that the issue?

I understand it take a while before they will play very well on the new position. But the current ability never change.

I'll look into it - generally speaking that should be long enough UNLESS they simply have no aptitude for a position or no interest in training for it (normally you'll hear about this in the news).

I have personally found Young players are more likely to retrain to a postion they are competent or >

or

Old players who want to prolong their career, I remember Vassel in my game wanted to become a defender, he eventually gave up and retired due to him struggling to adapt to that new position

I'll look into it - generally speaking that should be long enough UNLESS they simply have no aptitude for a position or no interest in training for it (normally you'll hear about this in the news).

Ok thnx. I know and understand not every player would possible to learn a new position but i have try about 30 players so i think one of the 30 most have the ability to learn a new position.

The only thing i can think of is they will not learn the new position because they have not played enough on the new position to learn it.?

• SI Staff

Playing in a position will help for sure but ..

First and foremost they need an aptitude for it, generally the younger they are the most likely they will be to adapt to a new position* - its easier for an 18 year old to change his mindset and change position than someone who's say 26 .... check you look on the retraining page what does the assistant say?

*The exception being when an older player actually comes you to and requests to retain in a position.

Archived