saAudit2005MT.dll error

So I have just installed FM2011 for the first time. I start the game but instead of loading I get a FM.exe - System Error. It says "The program can't start because saAudit2005MT.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I have found the soloution here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/177053-Football-Manager-2010-FAQ-and-Online-Manual?p=4455340&viewfull=1#post4455340

It says: In this case, go to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

Then rename the saAuditMT.dll file to saAuditMT2005.dll and this should resolve the issue.

However I already have the file called saAuditMT2005.dll

any help would be appreciated as I cant play FM untill it is fixed :(

No what is this?

Its exactly where you have been reading in the link you provided. The last little bit. Read it ALL properly and try everything suggested :thup:

I've tried the solutions above and am getting a “saAuditMD.dll missing” error.

This error often occurs because people copy or cut their FM.exe directly to the desktop

Do not do this, always create a 'shortcut' and cut that to your desktop

To create a desktop shortcut

1. Navigate to the FM10 installation folder (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010)

2. Right click on the FM10.exe icon

3. Choose Send to Desktop (create shortcut)

Note the Steam install can be found at this location:

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010

Right I deleted the shortcut on my desktop and made a new shortcut from the sports interactive folder in program files, the error still appears and even appears when i open the shortcut that is in the program files!

Archived