lack of development in the AI

am i the only one, who thinks the Ai, is a hugely overlooked area whic really hasnt developed much in a long time..?

we´ve got the exact same issues with:

weird transfers..

bad squad building..

weird managers being hired..

it seems way to random/bad, and has made me unable, to complete a whole season on fm 2011. There isnt much intelligence in the artificial one.

I think a lot of the problems with transfers and squad building stem from an over reliance by the A.I on Reputation as a metric of how good a player is.

Because you don’t want reputation fluctuating wildly based on a few games it tends to be pretty stable over the course of a season. This leads to older players being played for too long and young talents not getting blooded by the A.I managers.

My suggestion would be a new Attribute Form based on the last 30 or so games. It would give an indication of a players level of performance and the direction of movement, are performances getting better or worse.

Using Form as a base the A.I could speculate as to what level the players Reputation would be next season and base buying / team selection on that. Giving it a bit of foresight which it tends to lack.

I actually think it's a good thing that the AI make bad decisions, as it's more realistic.

IRL we have chairmen making strange managerial sackings/appointments (look at Newcastle), and managers signing the wrong player for the wrong fee all the time.

if it were too intelligent, then the forum would be full of "it's too hard" and "AI way too intelligent it's unrealistic" threads.

I can't believe how this would be a game-breaker in less than a season, if it's that bad just concentrate on your own team and enjoy winning!

We want the AI to be as human as possible, and I personally think it's closer in FM11 than it ever has been.

I actually think it's a good thing that the AI make bad decisions, as it's more realistic.

IRL we have chairmen making strange managerial sackings/appointments (look at Newcastle), and managers signing the wrong player for the wrong fee all the time.

if it were too intelligent, then the forum would be full of "it's too hard" and "AI way too intelligent it's unrealistic" threads.

I can't believe how this would be a game-breaker in less than a season, if it's that bad just concentrate on your own team and enjoy winning!

We want the AI to be as human as possible, and I personally think it's closer in FM11 than it ever has been.

I think that's a bit defeatist. I long for the days when the quality of the manager dictates how well the AI squad sense is.

So the Roy Hodgsons of this world will buy established players for the short term while the Arsene Wengers will concentrate on youth.

As of now, it's hard to tell one manager apart from another in terms of transfer and squad management policy.

I think that's a bit defeatist. I long for the days when the quality of the manager dictates how well the AI squad sense is.

So the Roy Hodgsons of this world will buy established players for the short term while the Arsene Wengers will concentrate on youth.

As of now, it's hard to tell one manager apart from another in terms of transfer and squad management policy.

Well yes, this would be good as well. My point was more general about realism.

There is this to an effect in the game, if you look up managers with FMRTE you can see the tendency's of the manager, how effective they are in the game or not i have never really checked out to be honest. There are things like, buying young players, sticking to formation and various others i cant remember.

There is this to an effect in the game, if you look up managers with FMRTE you can see the tendency's of the manager, how effective they are in the game or not i have never really checked out to be honest. There are things like, buying young players, sticking to formation and various others i cant remember.

I know but it doesn't seem to make much difference in-game...

I know but it doesn't seem to make much difference in-game...

as i say i have never really checked on any of them to see if it does or not i just noticed them a few weeks ago when i messing around with the FMRTE. I might do a test with one manager and see if they follow suit and how much affect they have although i guess it would be hard to tell with an AI manager not being able to see their team talks and stuff, at least transfers would hopefully be obvious.

Actually some of the attributes are listed under Manager's profile so they're not all "hidden" (I recall at least Judging Player Potential is not hidden).

RL attributes such as preference for domestic-based players (ala Martin O'Neill), wheeler-dealers, preference for experienced heads doesn't seem to manifest in the AI squad sense if you're just looking from the transfer point of view.

There is much scope for improvement IMO.

if this is game breaking after less than one season then you really should play another game.

The bottom line is AI will never be perfect in this game but they do a pretty good job from what i can see.

what a re-tarded response, but i have read some of your other fanboy posts, so it doesnt surprise me one bit.

if you cant see a lack of develoment in this area, even as a fanboy, then its perhaps time, that you played something else.

I think a lot of the problems with transfers and squad building stem from an over reliance by the A.I on Reputation as a metric of how good a player is.

Because you don’t want reputation fluctuating wildly based on a few games it tends to be pretty stable over the course of a season. This leads to older players being played for too long and young talents not getting blooded by the A.I managers.

My suggestion would be a new Attribute Form based on the last 30 or so games. It would give an indication of a players level of performance and the direction of movement, are performances getting better or worse.

Using Form as a base the A.I could speculate as to what level the players Reputation would be next season and base buying / team selection on that. Giving it a bit of foresight which it tends to lack.

that could be the case.

as a human player, i have some sort of goal i aspire to reach and therefore i plan ahead. I know thats the only way to consistently get succes and thats an area where the AI is lacking. The Ai decision making is in general quite poor, it shouldnt be perfect, but it certainly wouldnt hurt, that it became more intelligent.

i would love it, if managers personal preferences was much more visible. That you could tell them apart, but in general they act like a bunch of shortsighted buffons.

what a re-tarded response, but i have read some of your other fanboy posts, so it doesnt surprise me one bit.

if you cant see a lack of develoment in this area, even as a fanboy, then its perhaps time, that you played something else.

move along now, we're having a discussion here.

Actually some of the attributes are listed under Manager's profile so they're not all "hidden" (I recall at least Judging Player Potential is not hidden).

RL attributes such as preference for domestic-based players (ala Martin O'Neill), wheeler-dealers, preference for experienced heads doesn't seem to manifest in the AI squad sense if you're just looking from the transfer point of view.

There is much scope for improvement IMO.

really? to be honest i never really look at manager profiles or anything so its something thats passed me by. I would agree there would be a lot of room for improvement for things like that, it would be good to see managers follow real life situations.

as you are the forum fanboy numero uno, the game must be perfect for your preferences, so go enjoy it.. Instead of wasting space, like little fanboys do

This is a forum, so some people do not share your opinions, otherwise, there would be no discussions. I am just curious: If you can't deal with this fact, why do you even bother to come and post here, what is the benefit for you? I am not saying so should go away or change your behavior, but if you are not capable of discussing a topic on a forum without making derogatory comments on other users, and if you are not capable of acting like an adult, why are you here?

Archived