Back pass rule

Has anyone ever seen a keeper get booked for anything? I can't recall him ever even getting a foul, let alone a card. It should happen the odd time when there's a 1v1 opportunity though.

I am in 2019 and I only had one yellow card for my GKs, though I couldn't see why, because I play on "key". :)

It doesnt happen often,but it sounds like no-one has in fact seen it happen ever in FM11. Even if it is uncommon, it should be programmed in as a very rare event at least.

Erm? were you trying to reply to me?

I was saying that reffrees in real life dont ignore them, but that the GK are just used to the rule now - not that they dont happen at all.

It doesnt happen often,but it sounds like no-one has in fact seen it happen ever in FM11. Even if it is uncommon, it should be programmed in as a very rare event at least.

How about penalties for handball? The penalties I get (and I get plenty) are always from trips/pushes, never from an interception with an arm, and that happens a lot IRL.

One happened when England beat Germany in Munich in the memerable 5-1 victory. Oliver Kahn was the goalie. Im sure they're common.

And you'd never get booked for it, its not a bookable offence, unless the player tried a trick to get around the rule, like flicked it up to his and headed back so the keeper can pick it up...

Players are allowed to back pass using their heads, chests, knees, just not their feet, and it has to be an intentional pass, so it isn't always clear what is allowed and what isn't, and referees in real life tend to err on the side of caution.

Archived