Franklin´s 4-6-0 tactic (Patch 11.2)

Introduction

Being a fan of the more unorthodox tactical setups, I have created this 4-6-0 tactic that I must say has worked pretty well for me so far.

The tactic was made and tested a whole season with Real Madrid, but I have also tested it with Everton (half season) to see how it would work with a team just below the top teams in the league.

807706.jpeg

And now for the information that everyone always asks about...

Players

Goalkeeper

Nothing special here. Just get the best keeper possible.

Fullbacks

The fullbacks are set to make alot of forward runs and cross from byline.

Players like Maicon,Dani Alves,Evra,Clichy

Central defender right

The stopper. This is the DC who goes into challenges and try to break up attacks and stop the opponents strikers get involved in the attack.

Players like Vidic,Puyol,Chiellini

Central defender left

The most defensive DC. Lies a little bit deeper than the other DC to pick up loose balls and throughballs.

Players like Ferdinand,Lucio

Central midfield right

This is the playmaker of the team. Works kind of like a deep lying playmaker.

Players like Xabi Alonso,Carrick,Pirlo

Central midfield left

The ball winner. His job is to win the ball and pass it on to more creative teammates.

Players like Mascherano,Jon Obi Mikel,Alex Song

Wingers

The wingers works like inside forwards and cuts in to make room for the overlapping fullbacks. Use a left footed on the right side and right footed on the left side.

Players like Christiano Ronaldo,Nani,Arshavin,Messi

Attacking central midfield right

The "striker" in this tactic. This is also the targetman.

Players like Higuain,David Villa,Eto´o

Attacking central midfield left

Works like an advanced playmaker. Lies between the opponents midfield and defence and plays throughballs to the "striker" and the inside forwards.

Players like Kaká,Iniesta,Ronaldinho

Match preparation

There are 3 versions of the tactic here.

- The standard 4-6-0.

- A version wich is the same as the standard but with the targetman box ticked.

- A more defensive version with targetman and counter boxes ticked.

They should be placed like this in the match preparation screen:

807689.jpeg

In pre season set the workload on very high on team blend. Keep it this way until all the bars are maxed out.

Then set work load to low and keep it there.

If you start to draw or lose games or your team isn´t performing very well, set the workload to high again for a couple of games until get a win or the performance gets better.

Then set it back to low again.

Team talks

Before match:

I individually say that "I have faith in your ability" to each player. If the option "you expect him to pick up where he left off last time" is available I choose that instead.

Half time:

6.4 or below - "Disappointed"

6.5 - 7.3 - "I have faith in your ability"

7.4 - 7.7 - "Pleased"

7.8 and above "Delighted"

End of match:

I usually say "tell the lads they have done well" or "let them know the performance was sensational" if the team have played well. I also use individual team talk if a player have played very well or very poor.

6.5 or below - "Disappointed"

6.6 - 7.7 - "Pleased"

7.8 and above - "Delighted"

Opposition instructions

Ask assistant manager

Other useful info/tips:

- Smallest pitch size.

- if you have 2 wingers that can play both AMR and AML and they are not performing as well as you like during a game, let them switch sides.

Real Madrid

Not the most difficult team to get a tactic to work with, I know. But the results have been extremely good with this tactic.

I won every trophy I could win, and during the whole season I was undefeated in all competitions. I played 60 matches and had a record of 52 victories and 8 draws. I scored 162 goals and conceeded 34.

Transfers worth mentioning:

Fabio Coentrao from Benfica (£8.25 mill.)

Vaclav Kadlec from Sparta Prague (£1 mill.)

Alexis Sanchez from Udinese (£16.25 mill.) (January window)

Fixtures 1:

807759.jpeg

Fixtures 2:

807760.jpeg

Fixtures 3:

807761.jpeg

League table:

807762.jpeg

Everton

Tested for half season to see how it worked with a team that lies just below the top teams in the league.

The results was actually quite good in my opinion, and in the 22 matches I played I had 15 wins, 5 draws and only 2 losses wich came at home to Man Utd in the League Cup and away to Chelsea in the league. Scored 40 goals and conceeded 12.

Transfers worth mentioning:

Juan Ángel Albín from Getafe (£4.3 mill.)

Steven Defour from Standard Liège (£8.25 mill.)

Diego Buonanotte from River Plate (loan)

Ritchie De Laet from Man Utd (loan)

Gaël Kakuta from Chelsea (loan)

Fixtures:

807751.jpeg

League table:

807753.jpeg

Looks very well thought out and promising. A couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Generally, how have you found the defending (particularly with Everton), I'm trying myself to create a 4231, but have struggled with the defensive balance.

2. Do you use any opposition instructions, or have you tried with / without ?

3. Is the three tactic idea to switch to during any specific situations / AI formations / react during a game ?

4. Do you specify the MCr as the playmaker in the tactical instructions ?

5. Would you be able to post some screenshots of your player stats ?

Thanks

Looks very well thought out and promising. A couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Generally, how have you found the defending (particularly with Everton), I'm trying myself to create a 4231, but have struggled with the defensive balance.

2. Do you use any opposition instructions, or have you tried with / without ?

3. Is the three tactic idea to switch to during any specific situations / AI formations / react during a game ?

4. Do you specify the MCr as the playmaker in the tactical instructions ?

5. Would you be able to post some screenshots of your player stats ?

Thanks

1. With Everton it hasn´t been too bad actually. Average goals conceeded is just 0.54 goals pr. match is pretty good for a team of Evertons standards I think.

2. Ask assistant manager as it says at the bottom of the opening post.

3. I usually just go with the Standard tactic. The standard with targetman is just there to use once in a while so that the opposition don´t "figure out " my tactic.

I use the counter/targetman tactic when I play tough away games and when I wan´t to hold on to a lead.

A great example is when I played Man Utd away in my Everton test. Before the game i set team preparation to defensive positioning on high workload and used the counter/targetman tactic thoughout the match. Won 3-0 at Old Trafford!!

And if I need a goal I stick with the standard tactic and go all out attack on team mentality and set tempo up to the first notch of fast.

4. Yes. And the targetman too. All tactics use playmaker. And when I switch to the targetman or targetman/counter tactic the targetman is already specified when setting him up from the start.

Real Madrid:

My 3 best players during the test season

807871.jpeg

807872.jpeg

807876.jpeg

Everton team stats:

807879.jpeg

Well, very good start with this tactic. I've moved the "striker" AMC to be a striker, so it fits my dream of a working 4-2-3-1. Haven't played loads of games, but they have been very promising, and the defending so far is the best I've seen on a tactic with no DMC.

Leeds 4-0 Reserves (Friendly)

Arbroath 0-3 Leeds (Friendly)

Leeds 3-0 Avignon (Friendly)

Leeds 2-0 Stoke (Friendly)

Guiseley 1-9 Leeds (Friendly)

Leeds 2-0 Scunthorpe (League)

Leeds 5-0 Chesterfield (League Cup)

Leeds 2-0 QPR (League)

Cardiff 0-3 Leeds (League) - Used the counter / tm version from the start.

So that's 1 goal conceeded in 9 games, my striker targetman has 4 goals in 4 games in the league, and the remaining AMC has 5 assists. Haven't been using OI's, as I think sometimes they can be counter productive.

So, great start, will keep you posted. Thanks for the effort and for sharing.

Well, very good start with this tactic. I've moved the "striker" AMC to be a striker, so it fits my dream of a working 4-2-3-1. Haven't played loads of games, but they have been very promising, and the defending so far is the best I've seen on a tactic with no DMC.

Leeds 2-0 QPR (League)

So that's 1 goal conceeded in 9 games, my striker targetman has 4 goals in 4 games in the league, and the remaining AMC has 5 assists. Haven't been using OI's, as I think sometimes they can be counter productive.

Wow! Great results there macca! :) About the OI´s.. I think you´ll need a very good assistant manager to get something out of asking him to do them.

I´ll try without OI´s as well.

Leeds 2-0 QPR (League)

Do you use the tactic with target man?

But you change all to a 4-2-3-1?

Yes, I'm not suggesting you do that by any means, the tactic was clearly designed to be a 4-6-0, it's just I'm trying to find a 4-2-3-1, and given how franklin has set the tactic up, it seemed that it might work. I would always suggest you try the tactic as was meant to be.

Franklin,Will I put ST play winger or AMC?

The Attacking midfield right central is the "striker". You should retrain you striker to AMC role. But if you striker has abilities like a winger/ inside forward (acceleration,pace,creativity,dribling,crossing,finishing,off the ball etc.) you should train him to play on the wings. And if he´s right footed train him to left wing and vice versa.

Ty Franklin

have been waiting for this quick question. Is it ok to keep some striker and play them out of position or should I retrain them inorderr for their perfomance to be optimal?

Retrain you strikers. With Real Madrid I retrained Higuain to AMC (38 goals in 39 matches!), but with Everton I sold all my strikers and used Cahill in the AMCR position with Buonanotte and Albin as backup.

Good results in my Lyon save: Played 5 Won 4 Draw 1 For 12 Against O. Very solid defensively, which was something I had difficulty with in my 4-6-0 version where good counter-attacking teams scored regularly on me. Do you manage to create many CCC's Franklin as I dont seem to create many with your version of the tactic.

Good to hear that the tactic working for you. :)

With Real Madrid I created an average of 3.1 CCC each game in the league.

With Everton I created an average of 2.2 CCC each game in the league.

Not spectacular numbers by any means.. but when you take the (good) results I had in concideration, I think it just proves that you don´t need to create 10 CCC every game to be successful. :p

I will be starting a new save with Torino in the Serie B this weekend. Going to try and recreate "Il Grande Torino" from the 40´s with this tactic! :)

Good to hear that the tactic working for you. :)

With Real Madrid I created an average of 3.1 CCC each game in the league.

With Everton I created an average of 2.2 CCC each game in the league.

Not spectacular numbers by any means.. but when you take the (good) results I had in concideration, I think it just proves that you don´t need to create 10 CCC every game to be successful. :p

I will be starting a new save with Torino in the Serie B this weekend. Going to try and recreate "Il Grande Torino" from the 40´s with this tactic! :)

Yes, exactly scoring is not a problem with the tactic so CCC's are not that important. Good luck in the Torino save.

The Biggest challenge is adjusting the Strikers in my opinion

On the AMR and AML do you guys prefer to use AML or AMC?

I think the best is a combo of a guy who can play in both positions there....

The Reason it works to reschool Higuain to a AMC is that it is almsot a natural position for him as this was his position when first coming to Real 3 years back.

I am playing with River and the many talents in my team.

I am using this tactic and Raver's training regime in pre season the training regime has been taking out its tole since no good trainers wanna come and I am understaffed from the get-go so I've been forced to hire mediocre coaches. So I have had a tough pre season: Winning 2 games Drawing 2: Including my ultimate game against parental club Villareal and Losing: 1

So far in the league my premier was a home game against Independiente with my players still nearing full fittness I was nervous.

Sticked with the 4-6-0 (did good mind games) and took the lead in the first minute.

in the 11th minute my Striker (playing in one of the central AMC positions) get sent off for a idiotic challenge.

Nonetheless I switch to the counter now having Lamela as the Sole AMC. In the beginning of the second half Ortega breaks and plays a beautiful ball to Lamella who beats the offisde trap and then the goalie I am two up with one man down!

So all is good I do Man U style early substiutions and use up my final to 66th. Minute as by cruel faith two minutes later my veteran and captain Almeyda gets injured (lousy **** he should of continued playing with one leg if he had to!). So I am playing 11 against 9 still I fight and fight and win!

My GKp made an error when we were 2-0 up so final score was 2-1 but I very nice 2-1 win nonetheless

Ok now I am fed up. This Tactic doesn't work it or its the training regimes, or its the fact that I can't find decent coaches, or is the fact that I am playing on a pre patched version.

I am three games into the season.

Beat Independiente as I explained I was feeling in a really good mood

and now Saturday evening I am really down (and I have this seminar to attend tomorrow)

Played 2 games lost both

Godoy Cruz (poor team) and Banfield (another poor team)

Something I've played three games in two games I've ended up with 9 men. After Getting injuries in the last 15min and also getting straight reds.

Rogelino Funes Mori can't play as a AMCR so I dropped him to the reserves.

Tried with Buoenotte, Lanzini, Lamela and Ortega against Banfield. I was dominating but they don't score....

When I'm down a switch to the second tactic.

Anyway something is messed up so I am probably going to start a new game on my laptop with Juventus trying out the devasto tactic to see if it work better.

Anyway I am not the best tester as I can't put in the hours.

This game upsets me esp with the 3d view of the players you get so emotional:

I was playing all feel good songs like Journey - Anyway you want it.

After the Banfield defeat I got so down I had to switch to The Who - Behind blue eyes :( :( :( :/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived