Hex core support?

The load isn't always balanced right but FM can utilise as many cores/threads as you have got. I've got an i7 920 (4 cores, 8 threads) and usually FM uses 4 of them, 2 around 25%, 2 around 10 - 15% for your mundane processing, when a big bout of fixtures come up or intense processing it quickly steps up on all 8 threads until that batch of processing is out the way and then goes back to its lower usage.

It does support 3 cores, depending on the set up of your game one processor core may be all thats needed. Pushing one core to 33% isn't exactly strenuous on your system. Open task manager and whenyou press process have a look then, all 3 cores will probably pick up a bit of the slack to process it quicker.

I have about 45leagues in preview nad 5 full. My CPU usage in loading ( game and matches) is 33%.. why not in example 69% , 55%.. 87%...? 33 % is 1 core...

Screenshot:1262651354.jpg

EDIT:

pick up a bit of the slack to process it quicker.

I don't understand...

It's not the top one you should be looking at, if you look on the right there is the boxes. CPU 0 is one processor core, CPU 1 is another, and I imagine the 3rd (offscreen) is CPU 2. Look at those, it means altogether FM is using 37% of your total processing power from what I can tell. Each core is 3.2ghz I think after a quick search of your processor, so its using 37% of your processor. I'll post a screenshot of mine up shortly, but it does only appear to be using 4 of 8 threads.

cpu_usage.jpg

EDL if you do return to this thread a bit of insight might be helpful, although the game never peaked above 11% usage during the first half (i7 920 D0 overclocked to 4.3ghz) the balance is quite stable on three threads (3, 5 and 8) all over the place on one (1) with minimal activity on two (4 and 7) and pretty much flatlined on the other two (2 and 6). I do have multi-threading enabled, hence the 8 processing threads.

Well, it doesnt show how much each core is doing, but how much your processor is doing, the one you show is the combined efforts of your 3 cores.

So you have it like this:

Processor (37% usage)

|

Core 1 ( xx% usage ) Core 2 ( xx% usage ) Core 3 ( xx% usage )

33% isnt meaning just 1 core is at 100%, the load will probably be closer to somewhere between 10 - 15% per core to get the total of 37% of your processor being used. Or its indicative of the mean between your processors and each core is somewhere between 30 - 45% of its processing power. I can't be sure as its not in English, but I can see CPU 0 (core 1) and CPU 1 (core 2) just below on the right and they show varying amounts of their usage.

• 3 weeks later...

Please make some quick test (or FM squad statement maybe) what is better/faster six-core AMD Phenom quad i5 or maybe older quads in similar prices. Im about to buy a new processor mainly for FM2011 :)

I have about 45leagues in preview nad 5 full. My CPU usage in loading ( game and matches) is 33%.. why not in example 69% , 55%.. 87%...? 33 % is 1 core...

What CPU?

FM11 uses all cores for matches.

It uses 1 core for processing with a 2nd core used intermittendly up to around 25%.

It does annoy me because I get the feeling an old single core 3.4ghz would run the processing of the game quicker than my quad core QX9550.

FM11 uses all cores for matches.

It does annoy me because I get the feeling an old single core 3.4ghz would run the processing of the game quicker than my quad core QX9550.

If its true then I dont have to buy a new processor :)

I have to check how it is with my E8400 dual core.

Archived