Change to contract conversation choices

Hi,

I think the conversation choices need tweaking somewhat, because playing this morning as manager of Southampton in League 1, I had Adam Lallana's agent come to me after I rejected a bid for him, saying that he wanted a better contract. Because I couldn't offer what he wanted he then requested a conversation with me and told me he wanted a new contract, at that point, my only options were to say yes I will, no I wont or prove it to me, none of which are suitable for what I was meaning. So in the end I had to say I will to appease him, and no doubt he'll come back soon and bang in a transfer request because I haven't given him what he wants!

Surely an option in conversation should be - "I really want to, but can't afford it at the moment, let me work on it for a bit!" or something similar???? At least that might stop the players getting ****ed off and wanting to leave?

I just tell them that I'm not giving them a new contract as they have time still on the existing deal. they usually reply with some whining comment so then I tell them I'm the boss and what I say goes and they usually accept it and move on.

Archived