Your own salary- does it matter?

I just try to negotiate my contract realistically.

If someone is coming in with a job offer, to maintain the realism - or the illusion rather - I'll try to negotiate the best contract I can get.

I've never asked for less, so I couldn't tell you. I think they're more likely to sack you if you're on a low wage and you're doing badly, due to the price of compensating you. I could be wrong.

The higher your wage, the less "dispensable" you are to them. If the compensation is very little to the club to let you go, they will be more willing to fire you.

I agree that makes sense hypothetically- have you tested it out in the game to see if it's true?

If you truly believe in realism, then you shouldn't set your wage to $0. I don't think anyone IRL is a volunteer manager at the semi-pro levels and definitely none at the professional levels. :p

And it has been stated before that a higher wage prevents you from getting the sack so it's a form of job security.

They should link your salary to something meaningful in order to make increasing it important. Maybe they could give you cars and trophy women to decorate your virtual house with if you do well?

You mean Sims 3: Football Manager expansion pack? :p

I stick with what I have, or occasionally negotiate up a single level if I feel my manager deserves it. I'm content in my own ability as a manager, so I don't feel the need to negotiate a higher wage for security reasons, and I think, IRL, I'd sacrifice a little my own wage for a better player.

Well, my team was going through a financial struggle when they offered me a new contract, so I negotiated to the lowest possible, £20,000 per week.

Having won 4 Premier Leagues in a row and a Champions League, I still have 1 or 2 years left on the current contract and I don't know if I will negotiate a higher value.

Am I in the minority where I try to negotiate a very high wage in my new contract compared to my previous ones? I'm a greedy manager. :D

Although at my previous stop in China I never really negotiated a large contract, partly because I always wanted to leave and didn't want to deter other clubs from compensation. Although when I go to a big club I will definitely ask for the moon! :D

In FM10 with Real Madrid I made US$16 million a year from a modest $1.6 million salary (or somewhere around there, I made 7 figures though) at Zenit. I had the same wage at Benzema and a million less than Ronaldo. I was the 3rd highest paid player/staff on the squad. And I made sure that no one had a larger salary than me other the mentioned players. :p

If you truly believe in realism, then you shouldn't set your wage to $0. I don't think anyone IRL is a volunteer manager at the semi-pro levels and definitely none at the professional levels. :p

And it has been stated before that a higher wage prevents you from getting the sack so it's a form of job security.

Walter Smith managed Rangers for half a season (and could still be) without a wage as he felt it was in the best interest of the club!

Walter Smith managed Rangers for half a season (and could still be) without a wage as he felt it was in the best interest of the club!

It would take a very naive person to believe that. He was probably not paid a proper wage through the proper system, but he will have been coining it in with gifts, charitable donations and expenses claims that would make the MPs look like boy scouts.

In my Iceland save I am on £40 p/w which is my minimum, this is due to the fact that I wanted more money for the club as we struggle to make a profit every year. As I'm pert time then I feel this could be realistic. Being English/Icelandic dual nationality in the game I think I teach during the day and manager at night :)

Flamers

It would take a very naive person to believe that. He was probably not paid a proper wage through the proper system, but he will have been coining it in with gifts, charitable donations and expenses claims that would make the MPs look like boy scouts.

Well his contract ended in Dec09 and he didn't agree to stay on this season until May. He worked without a wage but no doubt got help for club related but didn't have a regular wage!

Walter Smith and some of his management team worked without a contract, not without being paid. Their contracts defaulted to rolling monthly contracts

• 5 years later...

Yes fifa manager allowed you to use your salary. This would not be difficult to add to FM manager. You save up what you earn after deductions for rent & food, can purchase  car/house  or other luxuries or a whole team to become chairman/women

Benefits can be: Chairman/women. Cant be sacked ( could be you hire a manager who does what he is told as well. Other wealth could make a weighting into performance. The game could have an end where you die but $ keeps you going in medical bills to say up to 120 years of age!

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived